27 minutes Merethrond :eek:

I'm so damn nervous :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
evilc said:
27 minutes Merethrond :eek:

I'm so damn nervous :p
Only eighteen minutes now! I have been hanging out all morning. The time is going so slow:(.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i never knew time could go so slow!!
so we know the top two converted thingies, what about the ones below a D average?

asdf

HSC
hmmm...so how exactly do u convert GPA to UAI?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
i never knew time could go so slow!!
so we know the top two converted thingies, what about the ones below a D average?
High Distinction Average ---- GPA 7 = 99.5 UAI
Distinction Average ---- GPA 6 = 96 UAI
Credit Average ---- GPA 5 = 89 UAI
Pass Average ---- GPA 4 = 83 UAI

:).

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Merethrond said:

How do you know this, freak? :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:

are you serious?
so my credit average at uni is worth around 16 points more than i got for my UAI, for essentially the same amount of work (possibly a bit more at uni than at school)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hey, another question (not sure if its been asked elsewhere), they dont take into account your mark when calculating your gpa or whatever do they?
so they dont care that a 74 is better than a 65, just that their both C's?

santaslayer

HSC
Hm.....Lazarus has already posted the find7.pdf file on this site a number of times now. It seems though, that the link has been changed. :confused:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
hey, another question (not sure if its been asked elsewhere), they dont take into account your mark when calculating your gpa or whatever do they?
so they dont care that a 74 is better than a 65, just that their both C's?
From what I understand, for the calculation of your GPA, they only take into account your grade, but for the calculation of your WAM, your actual mark is used:).

So assume that someone's four marks were 50, 60, 70 and 80. That would mean they got two Passes, one Credit and one Distinction. So their GPA would be (4 + 4 + 5 + 6) / 4 = 4.75 GPA = Pass Average. However, in calculating your WAM, they use your actual marks, so (50 + 60 + 70 + 80) / 4 = 65 WAM:).

cayte

How does the cut off from one point to another work in the GPA, ie when does a D average become an HD? Does it round to the nearest whole number or what? The whole system seems pretty dodgy to me. It oversimplifies the differences between individuals.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
cayte said:
How does the cut off from one point to another work in the GPA, ie when does a D average become an HD? Does it round to the nearest whole number or what? The whole system seems pretty dodgy to me. It oversimplifies the differences between individuals.
What do you mean?
if you're talking about GPA..then you cant get a GPA of 7 (HD average) if you get anything less than an HD in any subject at any time, say if you got 100 HD's and 1 DN, you'll have a GPA of 6.99xx or whatever it ends up to be

cayte

Exactly, but from your raw marks you have an HD average, so is a 6.8 for instance, an HD average? Or is there even a definitive answer for this? I've never heard of anyone other than American exchange students talk about GPAs. I never thought it was a big deal here.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
cayte said:
Exactly, but from your raw marks you have an HD average, so is a 6.8 for instance, an HD average?
as far as i understand it, no. there is only one possible HD average - a GPA of 7.

a GPA of 6.8 would be a high Distinction average, not a High Distinction average.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Frigid said:

as far as i understand it, no. there is only one possible HD average - a GPA of 7.

a GPA of 6.8 would be a high Distinction average, not a High Distinction average.
Yeah, that is correct. Any GPA from 6.0 to 6.9999.... is a Distinction Average. There is no rounding up or down:).

Generator

HSC
N/A
I agree with cayte... It is a dodgy system. The WAM is more precise (and much more important, too).

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
I agree with cayte... It is a dodgy system. The WAM is more precise (and much more important, too).
the GPA is a bit like the tax system - it suffers from bracket creeping! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)