Calculator-a-phobia (1 Viewer)

minzoir

HSC
When I'm in a math exam I have this fear of doing any questions without the aid of my calculator. For example, even simple addition like 35 + 15 I MUST do. I already know the answer but I will use my calculator to check because I am petrified of making those stupid rookie mistakes.
Does anyone else feel the same?

Alkanes

HSC
Another paranoia is people scared that their calculators will run out of batteries during exams haha. So yea make sure you bring 2 or more if you're one of these peoples.

2011_

HSC
Haha I'm taking 2 calculators so I guess I have "running out of battery" phobia!

13abie

HSC
ive slowly managed over the year to have a little more trust in myself. I only use the calculator when I have to if im doing past papers, but I have this feeling that as soon as the HSC comes im going to be going back to my habit of typing in 2x0.5 just to make sure that its 1

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Another paranoia is people scared that their calculators will run out of batteries during exams haha. So yea make sure you bring 2 or more if you're one of these peoples.
God I agree. I bring 4-5 calculators to each maths exam

HSC
A calculator is much more reliable and accurate than my brain so yes, I do it too. :)

13abie

HSC
Does anyone else have a ridiculous tendancy to bracket spam around everything?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I think a more appropriate term is "calculator-philia"

E

Effekt

It's always reassuring to know were not alone, I do it too cause i like to be sure of everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)