Calculators (1 Viewer)

Rory

HSC
This'll probably sound like a stupid question - but are we allowed to take in calculators to the IPT hsc? I'm just wondering incase we gotta start multiplying shit for the resolutions/pixels thingys. Heh thanks.

del

HSC
N/A
you won't ever need to do any actual calculations as such (well definatley not ones where you'll need a calculator)

you'd just have to show the method/formula you'd use to derive your answer

rennidoodle

the reason we can't is because some people have to convert binary numbers to decimal numbers, and you can apparently use a special mode on your calculator which does it automatically... so it defeats the purpose of learning the method of doing it....

but for people like me, doing multimedia, and having to convert those bit depth resolution thingies, it's pretty stupid!

4130warrior

Heh, needing a calculator to convert dec to bin? It's like needing a dictionary to speak for me :shy: Sorry for bragging, but I guess it's a good thing I can do it easily as it's part of SDD :uhhuh:

Like del said, there's no way that they're going to ask you to calculate anything that needs a calculator. It's not maths!

Good luck for 2 hrs time, everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)