Calling all computer genius... (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
hey, for my assignment, i need to know how to connect a reuters to a network...
my dad said it will be very complicated matter, but i just want a simple plan of how to connect it...

for all those who dunno wat a reuter is...its a machine that updates by the second on financial rates and stuff like that...so yea

i just want to see if any ppl here can help me...i'll email reuter for more info...

thx in advance

Jeo

um easy, just use rss syndication... that is if u mean reuter the news source.. what do u mean reuter (machine)??

Jeo

can u explain.... I thought reuter was news source. And abc, 7,9,10 buy the news from reuter....

If it is a news source, u have to pay them for access to their database...

what exactly is the aim of the project

^___^
HSC
well...as u said, reuter is a news source, but not just a normal news source...

it also supplies financial data to companies like exhange rate etc.

how do they supply exchange rate? they have this machine thingo that sends u the data....

i dun want the database, all i want to know is how does that machine thing will integrate a system of my own...i just want an outline, like wat hardware needed, how much the machine cost...etc

my aim of project is to change an ancient manual method of processing transaction to technology(computer) system

hope it made sense

Jeo

ok, they have this machine thingo that sends data... but how? what format? etc... usually news companies will allow rss syndication, that is, they update it on their servers, and you grab it and use it.... so for example, if u needed exchange rates, you make it the program grab http://reuter.website/news/rss/exchangerates.rss/xml or something and u can then use the program do read the details and use it however u want...... ive used php... which is dead easy..... if u want something more powerful you could probably use jsp or something, which ive done.. its certainly way way more powerful than php - you could prolly do it through vb or vc++ etc aswell

^___^
HSC
err...well, wat u've is already a bit complicated for my liking coz i dun do SDD but rather IPT...

all i really after is like wat equipment is needed for a reuter machine to integrate a system...

eg. cables...software needed
and after that a very brief description of how it runs....

Jeo

ill ask my teacher... ive never heard of a machine that does that but i have experience with db's etc that prove that sort of info...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
try using an RSS syndicator. I forget the one I used.. but it was freeware, small, and very easy to update/use.

if you want it on your desktop you could always use windows' active desktop feature and make your background a html page with the updates on it.

Jeo

ANTI MAN YOURE STEALING MY IDEA! I SAID THAT FIRST MAN! NO MAN ITS NOT RIGHT! NO MY CAPS AREN'T STUCK, IM DOING IT ON PURPOSE!

Jeo

Originally posted by Jesh
ok, they have this machine thingo that sends data... but how? what format? etc... usually news companies will allow rss syndication, that is, they update it on their servers, and you grab it and use it.... so for example, if u needed exchange rates, you make it the program grab http://reuter.website/news/rss/exchangerates.rss/xml or something and u can then use the program do read the details and use it however u want...... ive used php... which is dead easy..... if u want something more powerful you could probably use jsp or something, which ive done.. its certainly way way more powerful than php - you could prolly do it through vb or vc++ etc aswell
OMG SERIOUSLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BLIND! BLIND BLIND BLIND!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)