Calling all Engineering/Commerce students, need help! (1 Viewer)

_ShiFTy_

HSC
Hey guys I'm about to start the second year of my Engineering(Civil)/Commerce degree and i'm a bit confused about what courses im supposed to do for commerce. Do i come out of the program with just 1 major for Comm or both 1 Major and a minor similar to straight commerce students?

The part I'm a bit confused about is:

"at least 96 units of credit comprising a major of at least 48 units of credit in an approved disciplinary stream and a minor of 24 units of credit of approved session courses of which no more than 12 units may be level 1 courses; prescribed level 1 introductory courses; or suitable electives to make up the full 96 UOC"

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2008/3715.html

So i'm essentially missing out on 48 units compared to the straight commerce students? Is this where the lack of a minor comes in? How about Gen Ed courses?

Also, on the same link above it also says:

"Students enrolled in the combined BE/BCom program are not required to undertake Quantitative Methods B (ECON1203) as part of their Commerce component. The combination of maths courses taken in the Engineering part of the program covers the material taught in ECON1203 which negates the need to complete statistics in the BCom"

Am I right to assume that also do not have to do Quantitative Methods A? I passed both MATH1131 and MATH1231 in my 1st year

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)