Calling All Ppl Who Want Band 6! (1 Viewer)

HSC
by reading all these threads, i see a lot of ppl dun do good at engineering (im one of them...or use to, now im getting 99% unlike year 11 :) ) n e wai, there arnt that many trial papers or 1/2 yearli papers.
so here is my msn sanjeevprasad116@hotmail.com add me if u r willing to exchange information on engineering
i.e - 1/2 yearlis
- "small" class tests
- notes
-TRIALS! etc
as everyone knows, not many ppl get good marks in engineering (not many band 6) so add me if u r keen on getting a good mark
THANKS! im hoping for a lot of ppl to add me
:)

shifty307

]think fast[
HSC
Hey I was wondering if you knew of anywhere that I could get notes on the offset drawing method?

I can't seem to find anything anywhere.

Thanks

me121

Premium Member
HSC
shifty307 said:
Hey I was wondering if you knew of anywhere that I could get notes on the offset drawing method?

I can't seem to find anything anywhere.

Thanks
What do you mean by offset drawing method?

shifty307

]think fast[
HSC
offset method

like when you have to draw a circle in a box and then the box gets "pushed over"(looking at it from a different angle - it looks more like a parallelogram - etc) and then you have to redraw the circle (and it looks more like an oval now) in the new box...and i wanted to know if there was anywhere i could get notes on the steps invovled in it

me121

Premium Member
HSC
Re: offset method

shifty307 said:
like when you have to draw a circle in a box and then the box gets "pushed over"(looking at it from a different angle - it looks more like a parallelogram - etc) and then you have to redraw the circle (and it looks more like an oval now) in the new box...and i wanted to know if there was anywhere i could get notes on the steps invovled in it
LOL. I wrote a paper on this, (well not really). Although I'm not 100% sure what you mean by your question.

If you mean how to draw an isometric circle, such as,

Then there is no easy way to do it by hand. In an engineering studies examination you would just draw the box surrounding it and then freehand the circle in.

If you have more resources you can draw an approximation using a compass. Better, would be to use a template, but this only works for some standard radii.

In fact the circles in the above diagram turn out to be ellipses when projected onto the PP (such as in isometric).

If you are doing it on computer, often the computer can calculate this for you. I'm sure you could do some maths (I think its no harder than yr11-12 maths) where you calculate the a and b variables for isometric, and also the rotation angles for the sides.

If you are not doing isometric projection, for example oblique, or some other arbitrary projection, the most well known method (and this applies to any curve, not just circles) is to measure distances, and then scale that distance for the new projection and plot it on in the projected coordinate space.

If it is oblique then the projected circle with have the equation,

I hope I have not made my explanation too technical, its just that I did a whole lot of work on this topic as part of my Industrial Technology Graphics Major Project. I even wrote software that could do what you are asking.

If I have not really answered your question, just reply and I will try again.

qmaz

HSC
dude engineering studies is the worst

i reckon if ur fairly smart/intelligent u can bullshit your way into band 6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)