Campbelltown P's Route (1 Viewer)

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
Hey guys,
I'm doing my p's test at campbelltown really soon and I was wondering if you guys could tell me the route and what sort of stuff you'd have to do for it.. i know that in other places its a 3pt turn + curb park - but is it different for different places?

scuba05

HSC
The course i got taken out on was
  • Right out of the RTA(Tindall St Side), left at lights, left at next lights and then right onto Blaxland Rd
  • Follow blaxland rd along to the end lights, right over the train lines(The Bypass)
  • Left at the primary school (Ctown Nth). This is there i did a kerbside stop.
  • End of this street, turn right(Dan St) and follow until you get to the servo, turn right(Lindsay St).
  • Follow this road to the 2nd roundabout and turn left(Broughton St). Follow along until you get to the lights, turn right(St Johns Rd/Waminda Av)
  • turn right at 1st roundabout(Colonial St)
  • Follow rd to 1st roundabout, turn left(George St). Take 1st right(Condamine St)
  • at the 1st intersection, turn right(Stewart St). I did a 3pt turn in the little gully, then back straight through the intersection.
  • Take the 1st right(Lithgow St) and follow down to the bypass
  • Turn left at th bypass and the the next right into dumeresq St(Hard to get across 3 lanes of traffic sometimes)
  • Follow to end of dumeresq St and turn left, following all the way back to the RTA, turning into the Bunnings Warehouse St way.
Hope that helps.

Peartie

HSC
when i did mine ages ago...at a different RTA mind you....

i had to do a 3pt turn, kerbisde stop(Parallel Park), hill start and reverse park...

mishka

HSC
N/A
I did my test at Campbelltown nearly 4 years ago (wow, time flies!) but I doubt it would have changed that much.

I got taken down the bypass and up Dumaresq St near the Private hospital. Plenty of space to get you to pull over and do the curb side thing.

My reverse park was up a hill in a manual with no power steering. So make sure you can handle a clutch/handbrake if that's the case. Luckily I had practised a similar park on my way to the RTA. Straight after that, I had to do my 3 point turn so remember to indicate out and everything.

They made me come back down Narellan Rd and turn left back towards the motor registry (always turn into the left lane THEN merge over, don't go straight out!)

Don't forget the stop sign at the gate!!
Good luck!

michael1990

HSC
I did my Ps at Campbelltown, although i did the previous test.

But i believe there are a huge amount of routes the testing officer can take you on.

Just remember:

• M.I.S.S- when changing lanes. (Mirror, Indicator, Side, Steer)
  • Your test is all about observation- Look around everywhere, remember what colour car is behind you. If the driver doesn't indicate.
  • Remember to slow down before coming to a set of lights, when you are approaching pick a point where you say to yourself that you're committed and go through the lights, don't hestitate.
  • 5km/h under the speed limit at all times.
  • Indicate off round abouts.
  • If you don't know what the testing officer told you what to do, ask him. If you don't remember same thing.
  • Try to relax, check your instruments before you take off from the RTA.
I can't think of much more, but if you need anymore help. Just ask.

michael1990

HSC
mishka said:
Don't forget the stop sign at the gate!!
Good luck!
There is no stop sign at the gate anymore. So make sure you check both ways, treat it as a giveway i think.

itsmeandy

HSC
i did it a few months ago at ctown in a s2k and i didnt fail lmao

diesel lee

HSC
I'm doing mine tomorrow. I should of done this years ago. To be honest, i'm pretty nervous. I'll be alright I guess. Thanks for the tips guys. I asked one of my mates what's involved, the hill behind Campbelltown, it's kinda near the Public, the hill is pretty steep, and you could either be doing a Hill Start on it, or if they make you continue, which you do because you can't see jack past the hill, there is an immediate stop sign at the very tip, a mili second as soon as you pass the tip. Instantly stop is what I heard, but from what I've seen, it's not a stop, it's an intersection. Best to stop anyways, but I did notice a broken, faded white line on the tip...maybe a faded stop sign without a sign? Tricky? Or paranoia?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I'm doing mine tomorrow. I should of done this years ago. To be honest, i'm pretty nervous. I'll be alright I guess. Thanks for the tips guys. I asked one of my mates what's involved, the hill behind Campbelltown, it's kinda near the Public, the hill is pretty steep, and you could either be doing a Hill Start on it, or if they make you continue, which you do because you can't see jack past the hill, there is an immediate stop sign at the very tip, a mili second as soon as you pass the tip. Instantly stop is what I heard, but from what I've seen, it's not a stop, it's an intersection. Best to stop anyways, but I did notice a broken, faded white line on the tip...maybe a faded stop sign without a sign? Tricky? Or paranoia?
Got nothing on the stop sign that was in the middle of the Campbelltown RTA carpark last year.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
they can take you through numerous courses.

relax, dont panic, DO ALL YOUR CHECKS. LOOK AT YOUR SPEED. show CONFIDENCE.

it's not too bad tbh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)