campus East vs I House (1 Viewer)

bobbie212

from wat ive read, these two places seem to be the best accomodation for 1st year ppl. If any1 knows about them, wat do u think are the pro's and con's of the respective places.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
From a location point of view, Campus East is one train stop away or about a 40 minute walk to uow (give or take). its also relatively close to Wollongong (2 train stops). also close to supermarkets (walking distance 15 minutes but you have to walk over a hill. close to beach, pucky's esate, wolves stadium and the science centre!

I have no idea about the other.

Im not much help am i?

o0o also in walking distance to the campion thast a plus!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I house is right near North Wollongong train station, which means a small walk to the uni, close to transport (all trains stop at North Wollongong anyway), near Wollongong. You can catch the Premier Illawarra shuttle bus to uni for 60c if you're lazy.

Kimmi_R

the only down side of accommodation at the gong is that it is so expensive compared to other uni's but if you are able to pay it you should be all good!

Ninga

HSC
Weerona is next to beaton park, I-House is next to North 'gong traino. Campus East is near Fairy Meadow Traino.

jessum

HSC
well campus east is near where i live and its real pretty :) if that helps u decide anything. quite nice beaches.. and theres a semi good fish and chip shop round there somewhere.. probably.
meh i really dont know

ziggyboy

HSC
By the way, I have one room available since my flatmate left about a month ago. I live literally 1 min away from the Corrimal train station. It's a 2 bedroom townhouse. $100 per week rent includes electricity, water, broadband Internet (inc USB wireless card rental). Whole house is fully furnished with ref, kitchen stuff, washing machine, dryer, etc. I do all the cleaning of the house and bathroom, except your room.

I've been trying to look for a flatmate for about a month now. Not too sucessful since everyone is probably settled down already.

equiski

HSC
I would definantly take you up on your offer, but i think i'm going to defer next year.

holl

I- house is way worse that campus east.
I-house is on the corner of the princes highway, northern distributer and the railway tracks. It's heaps noisy there. Campus east is accross the road from the beach and is heaps newer than i-house.
Also at campus east you only share a bathroom with 4people max, I-house you share the bathroom with the whole floor. Guys and girls share the bathroom at i-house where as at campus east you only share with 4 other guys/girls and its your bathroom so you can leave your stuff in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)