• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

campus housing (1 Viewer)

nik12

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Im thinking about living on campus next year, probably at Penrith or possibly Bankstown. Can anyone tell me what the accomodation is like or anything i should know???

Thanks

jam_on_toast

Quietly insane
HSC
Hey.
My name is Emma and I lived on the Penrith on campus residences this year, or Res, as we affectionally call it. Living on res was an absolute blast and I can't wait to go back in February.
So at Penrith the residence is made up of twenty townhouses that each have five bedrooms, a kitchen, laundry, loungeroom and bathroom. There are about five larger rooms with on-suites but most of the rooms are upstairs and most people agree they are big enough. So yeh the units are fairly nice and all the appliances and furniture for the shared areas is supplied of course.
But the best thing about living on res is all the other people that live there. We have lots of international students from canada, america, chille, lebanon, mexico, germany, japan... heaps of places. There is a social club that runs events as well as partys run by the students ourselves... naturally.
Rent is like $119/week, but you buy your own food. We get connected to the university's internet (which is wicked fast of course) and that costs only $100 a semester. Res is on the Kingswood campus but if your classes are on Werrington South (like mine are) its only a 15 minute walk or you can get the free shuttle bus if its raining.
If you have any more questions just let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)