Campus rewards (1 Viewer)

glass

HSC
Hey did anyone get the campus rewards card this year? How much did it cost? Cos the person on orientation day promoting it said it was $159 but on the site its $199. Is there some special offer if you get it on campus or something? someone please clarify :)

thx

rockets

HSC
N/A
also - can someone please clarify for me does this get you discounts on text books at some bookshop at cumberland cause it doesn't have the co-op bookshop??
also I thought they said you get discounts on clothes for the clinical practice stuff= is this right??
Is this card worth the $199? to previous post I thought they said for the 1st year it was $199 and then reduced by $50 for each year you are at uni.

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
bump.

i wanna know as well. can someone clarify this? and is the card worth getting?

Skeeta

HSC
i have HEARD (ie. Dont take this as gospel)

That if you buy the card in the first week of uni you pay $159 and as part of that you get a $100 voucher to spend on textbook in our bookshop (i have NFI what it is called)

You also get a book of discount vouchers to use on campus, PLUS the 10-20% off you get on thing when you use your card

IMO, it is worth getting if you buy A LOT of stuff on campus. Textbooks, food, courses (first aid etc). Otherwise, you can probably do without.

rockets

HSC
N/A
sKEETA -thanks for this. Still undecided - one more question - it says to get cards from ipoint - where is this place at cumbo?

Skeeta

HSC
Ipoint is underneath the JDV cafe. You go down the stairs inside the building and you should see it. Its where all the x-boxes and pool tables are.

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
r u gunna sign up skeeta?
i dunno if i will..i mean i got so much free food from my points last year..haha
but i dunno if its worth paying 199 for..

hmm decisions!

Skeeta

HSC
the only way I will get the card, is if the rumours are true and it is ONLY $159 AND i get the $100 textbook voucher

our campus doesnt really offer enough stuff to make it worth it otherwise.

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
yeah thats whats enticing me
how r we supposed to find out about it..
i never hear about anything at cumbo..im pretty out of it

haha

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
i believe it's only $149 if you join THIS week. i think that includes the $100 voucher for The Campus Book Store aswell... but double check and ask if you like.

Skeeta

HSC
OKAY ALL!

I purchased it today. If you buy it THIS WEEK it is $149 otherwise it is $199.

When you buy it, you get a book full of discount vouchers, and your student diary.

The book of vouchers contains:
a $100 gift voucher for the campus bookshop.
Heaps of free food deals on campus (some free, some buy 1 get 1 free) - I know i will use ALL of them
Deals for other restaurants/movies/cinema's etc, around NSW and QLD.

Quite a good deal I believe. It is definitely worth it if you are on campus alot and will be buying textbooks.

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
I bought it today as well and second the food voucher thingies... some good eatin' in thar.

Plus $50 off the gym :>

fearless86

HSC
wow, i so thought the $100 book voucher was a rumour. rewards is totally worth getting then!

how much is gym fees this semester?

Skeeta

HSC
quik. said:
I bought it today as well and second the food voucher thingies... some good eatin' in thar.
there is, but you can only use them in certain weeks. read the terms and conditions on the back Theres pretty much one freebie per week though - until the end of the year, which is orsum.

And i think WITH the $50 discount, its about $80-ish dollars for the gym. (for the semester I assume)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I got it too. The bookstore cash pretty much covered what I had left to buy so I figured I may as well, plus I've spent quite a bit on food in the past couple of days so may as well get some points!

BUT HOW LONG WAS THE FREAKING LINE! Oh my god! They really need more than one cashier, and someone telling everyone what the different lines were for! So many were getting pissed at the fact that they lined up for ages in the wrong line, and that their line had been empty. I was so fed up after waiting 45 minutes to pay for mine I said I'll get the card another day...

quik.

HSC
Just regarding the gym and the cost:

It's 149 for rewards members, with the 50 dollars off coupon thing it's 100, and the other 15 (cos it's advertised as 85 for members) is by way of points on your card.

So yeah!

I'll be signing up and starting my new workout on Monday.. ooft!

PS: Yeah I felt a bit boned by the 'valid in week 5' etc stuff on the back of the food vouchers, but I spose it's bearable :]

mangadrawer

HSC
The best way to get the most value of the card is to share it among friends when you make purchases so you can accumulate the points on the card to then eventually get extra value on top of the vouchers they give you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)