Campuses (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
Just want to ask which university has the best campus in terms of area and facilities (bank, cafeteria, tennis court, basketball, gyms etc). Bias opinions will be appreciated.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Facilities wise, practically all unis have the facilities you mentioned. UNSW has the Roundhouse where all the drinking and partying goes on so that's nice. There are a couple newsagents and even a post office and there's also a Commonwealth bank.
There's an indoor swimming pool joined onto an indoor court and a gym as well, an oval, a couple of tennis courts, an arcade, a food court...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
UTS: The CBD is our campus! About the only thing you WON'T find there would be a petrol station.

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
UTS: The CBD is our campus! About the only thing you WON'T find there would be a petrol station.
errr...
it'll be better when renovations are finished between building 1 and 4; other then that i'd rather the UNSW campus... all the green grass - NOT stoner grass

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Originally posted by MoNNiE
errr...
it'll be better when renovations are finished between building 1 and 4; other then that i'd rather the UNSW campus... all the green grass - NOT stoner grass
lol stoner grass...I think when I went and visited last wednesday there was a whole section fenced off...it was evil.

santaslayer

HSC
Gaaawwwd..... let's all provide our bias suggestions.

UoW of course for an unbiased opinion! :uhhuh: :p :uhhuh:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
LOL yes UTS =D Who needs a petrol station and grass =P.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
There is grass.... juts minimal grass....

We are a short stroll from the harbour, and if you really want grass victoria park is just down the road!!

Saul

*ss
HSC
usyd has pretty buildings, a shitload of grass and is almost as close to CBD as UTS... (plus all the stuff it has on campus, ie banks, post office, bars, cafes, aquatic centre, gym.... all things)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Wohzazz
Bias opinions will be appreciated.
Err.. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
UTS has a sexier library.
Complimented by the ugliest campus building in alllllll of Sydney.

Originally posted by Saul
usyd has pretty buildings, a shitload of grass and is almost as close to CBD as UTS... (plus all the stuff it has on campus, ie banks, post office, bars, cafes, aquatic centre, gym.... all things)
Most of the unis have nice looking buildings, and bad looking ones. I haven't been to UNSW so I won't comment on that one. In terms of USYD, we have uglies such as Fisher library, while for UTS they have err.. the big brown thing next to Central. :p

Last edited:

Wohzazz

HSC
Hehe ok. Everyone likes their own University. How many food places are there at Usdy. I saw the wentworth place. Is there any places?

And sporting grounds. Please comment. How many oval, tennis court and gyms does each have?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
For anyone that loves to milk cows and play with them, u should go to UWS, theres lots of that + tonnes of grass to eat and best of all you get to experience hardcore country life :D:D:D

Ribbon

I have been to usyd and it has a very nice campus, nice old buildings and stuff. The buildings at ANU arn't as nice (thier just run of the mill not all this fancy sandstone stuff) but I think the grounds themselves are much nicer. Lots of plants and big trees, wide open space. ANU is 15mins walk from the city centre on one side and on the other you have a great view of black mountain (where the telstra tower is). As for facilities there are 3 banks, a post office, a newsagent, doctors surgery, chemist, the usual assortment of food court and cafes, gym, tennis courts, ovals and the students association has things like councellors, free lawyer ect.

I have also been to newcastle and the campus has a nice bushy feel, lots of trees but many open spaces and for some reason it just didn't appeal to me. The food court at newy is c r a p! (I feel bad for all you newcastle people)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ribbon
The food court at newy is c r a p! (I feel bad for all you newcastle people)
McLarty? yeah, its dodgy as...
however the salad bar thing up the end is pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)