Can a sydney buses driver legally deny a child service? (1 Viewer)

lish2011

HSC
I'm curious can a bus driver deny a child a bus ride even if they have no money - isn't it a duty of care especially if it's late at night

HSC
Most bus drivers are angry bastards, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't let a child on, considering the ones I've had...but I'm still nice and say thank you, because generally they have a shit job.

Today, one of them 'inspected' my bus pass for like five minutes, he was just staring at it. I don't think he was even reading it. Dyslexia, presumably. I was like okkk then. This is awkward. Because everybody on the bus just stares. People always watch other people getting onto the bus. It pisses me off. Look outside or at your lap.
Anyway. /rant

Morally and ethically, a bus driver should/would normally let a child on. There definitely would be a duty of care factor involved too.

Last edited:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Today, one of them 'inspected' my bus pass for like five minutes, he was just staring at it. I don't think he was even reading it. Dyslexia, presumably. I was like okkk then.
Anyway. /rant
Oh I absolutely hate that. And also when they're rude. I'm always polite and then they're sometimes really rude... I feel sorry for them having to put up with idiots in their job but so do I and I still have to at least be polite to people.

Most are good though.

I don't think they actually have a duty of care. Funny that.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I got over charged once on Saturday, by 70 cents, it pissed me off! :angry:

Even when I had a travel concession card :angry::angry:

/rant

Kralex

HSC
They can and they will. Its the children that make their jobs terrible and so they will repay the favour by making your bus experience terrible.

Oh I absolutely hate that. And also when they're rude. I'm always polite and then they're sometimes really rude... I feel sorry for them having to put up with idiots in their job but so do I and I still have to at least be polite to people.

Most are good though.

I don't think they actually have a duty of care. Funny that.

Its awesome that you are polite but for every polite person there are millions of asses. One women had a slurpee and tried to get on the bus and its a fairly known rule that you CAN NOT HAVE DRINKS ON THE BUS. Of course by the end of the argument the whole bus was fucking against the bus driver for following rules and regulations. People ,in general, suck :\

Last edited:

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
It is State Transit's policy that no student will be denied travel.

TheFeared

HSC
I think if you are in uniform, you cannot be denied. But I have seen some who have done so.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I seem to remember there being this epic outcry a few years back cos a driver refused service to a school kid because he was ten cents short for his fare. Think he got fired or something? Either way it really didn't go well for him.

Anyway bus drivers are douches but so is the general public, so I guess it evens out.

HSC
What? If you cannot deny a student travel then why would anyone pay?

sickk

HSC
the public bus drivers driving up to our school used to switch the not in service sign on until they were past bus sotps near out school before switching it back... wankers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)