can an individual get into engineering w only 2u math (1 Viewer)

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
be mindful of the difference between prerequisites and assumed knowledge. at unsw, there aren't prerequisites for engineering so you can (although they ASSUME you've done 3u). though at usyd i'm pretty sure there's prerequisites so you have to take a bridging course to continue with the course. so yeah - you can
thank you!! but the thing is, for eg, person A got a higher ATAR than person b, but person A only did 2u and person B did 3u, will person B be prioritised over person A??

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
thank you!! but the thing is, for eg, person A got a higher ATAR than person b, but person A only did 2u and person B did 3u, will person B be prioritised over person A??
with the looks of it, ur probs gonna have to SR to get 95+ atar if u switch to 2u

aulinia

HSC
jus curious
Like other people have said, there are bridging courses you can apply for if you don’t do 3U in Year 11/12 and your course requires it. That being said though, for universities like UNSW where it says assumed knowledge, it means that they have the assumption you already understand that level of content. If the course like at USYD says prerequisite, it means you have to have undertaken subject as a course. So make sure you know the difference between the two. But honestly I’d recommend having a bridging course just so you don’t end up being disadvantaged against other students when it starts.

Last edited:

Vall

HSC
- in relation to the question, β€œpossible to get in?” Yes. Like others said most uni’s now have assumed but not required subjects.
- will you succeed in engineering with 2u math? maybe not. you will definitely need to put in more work than those who have done extension. whether you do a bridging course or put in extra study on calculus and such during the beginning of uni.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
you don't need to SR 2u to get 95+ atar???
idk bruh the selection the dude has scale so bad tbh. tbf tho ion know how atar is calculated but I have heard that doing more humanities and low scaling subjects mean its harder to get high atars and given mans got stn eng and now is contemplating going down in math might need him to sr?

hscgirl

HSC
idk bruh the selection the dude has scale so bad tbh. tbf tho ion know how atar is calculated but I have heard that doing more humanities and low scaling subjects mean its harder to get high atars and given mans got stn eng and now is contemplating going down in math might need him to sr?
i'm sure he can still get a 95+ atar tho without a sr in 2u maths, tho it will obvs be harder to get a 99+ atar without a sr in any of his subjects

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
did i jus get called a man-

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
if that is the case tho (ie get like 95-96), ill probs have to ace ucat (which will never happen)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)