Can an international student with ENTER score of 38 get into TAFE? (1 Viewer)

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Long story short guys, this person I know scored 38 for VCE which is the absolute lowest score I have ever heard of (highest possible ENTER is 99.95). Does he have a chance to get into TAFEs?

I'm asking because he is a family friend and I've been entrusted the duty to get him into an institution next year. He is hardly ready for any sort of tertiary education imho but repeating year 12 is not even an option at this point.

I am here!

HSC
N/A
TAFEs generally like As and Bs (sadly, they don't seem to give a shit WHAT SUBJECT the grade was given in - an A in Physics = an A in Food Tech.), as well as work experience in their applicants. So yeah, not sure what situation that places him in.

Is full-fee an option? If so, you may want to have a look at the Mickey Mouse universities (i.e. Notre Dame etc).

HSC
Even Notre Dame probably wouldn't take him - their minimum entry rank is approx 70. But they might let him into their Tertiary Prep Program. I'm sure that other uni's have an equivalent, maybe look at those.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Musk said:
i pretty know the tafe system on a decent level

what was his dream career options

what cash options doe he have
cash is not an issue, his desired career option is Journalism, but is fine doing business, hotel management or hospitality at TAFE if that's not an option. All the tafes I've called up are closed for the holiday season until early january.

Does anyone know of any success stories for people who made it to tafe with UAI/ENTER around the 38-45 percentile range?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)