Can anyone help me find the court transcript of R v McEwen 1996 (1 Viewer)

Sophie25_08

HSC
I am doing an assignment on women's rights cases and R v McEwen 1996 sounds good but i can't find any good info on it. Also if you have any other good cases in mind please post them :confused:

lychnobity

HSC
I am doing an assignment on women's rights cases and R v McEwen 1996 sounds good but i can't find any good info on it. Also if you have any other good cases in mind please post them :confused:
Leves v Haines?
Hill v Water Resources Commission 1985
Wardley v Ansett Transport Industries (Operations) Pty Ltd 1984

Last edited:

Sophie25_08

HSC
hey, do you know of any aboriginal rights cases that we could find court transcripts to? Apart from Mabo and wik.
thanks

lychnobity

HSC
hey, do you know of any aboriginal rights cases that we could find court transcripts to? Apart from Mabo and wik.
thanks
Transcripts? Not exactly, but the best I can do:

R v Robyn Bella Kina - [1994] AboriginalLB 15; 3(67)pg14

ie the case of R v Kina, which enshrined battered women's syndrome as a legitimate defence for murder. Cultural rights are upheld here as the law demonstrates an understanding of equity and addresses the issue of Aboriginal customs - specifically that to not speak/disrespect the dead.

http://www.austlii.org/au/journals/AboriginalLB/

Also the fundamental right to be recognised as a family unit. ATSI marriages do not fulfil the conventional definitions of marriage [as stated in the Marriage Act 1961 (Cwlth) and Hyde v Hyde & Woodmansee 1866], so a 'meet-halfway' approach was introduced by a 1986 parliamentary report titled Twenty Years of Law Reform.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/other/IndigLRes/1986/2/2.html?query=^aboriginal%20marriage

Ctrl + F "Daunton-Fear and Freiberg (1977)"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)