Can anyone help me with the different interpretations of Hatshepsut? (1 Viewer)

Jin-Yi

HSC
I need help in getting more quotes and interpretations on Hatshpesut from different historians. Thanks

Bushrat

HSC
Well I would look up Redford and Tyldesley mainly....oh and Gardiner...not too helpful but I dont have any quotes on hand. But just goole those guys and you should find some useful quotes.

Bushrat

HSC
Yes, well just thought I should probably mention the first names and I have found some actual quotes now so ignore that first post...

Donald. B Redford-
noted that her military campaigns were more than previously thought- "The evidence for foreign campaigns is more plentiful than is sometimes thought"- e.g Nubia campaigns and "mopping up operations within Syria-Palestine".

His idea as to why Hatshepsut suffered damnation memorae because:
' Thutmosis was motivated not so much by a genuine hatred as by political necessity. His own legitimacy stood in need of demonstration and his own links with his illustrious grandfather Thutmoisis I had to be emphasised. To leave the glories of Hatshepsut's riegn open to view would, in any case invite invidious comparison with his own accomplishments."

Yes well he has some other interesting quotes....so look him up.

Joyce Tyldesly, she has a good book....cant remember the name of it but its really helpful.

And Alan Gardiner
I noticed he has some theories about Senenmut and Hatshepsut which could be useful, just found this essay which has a number of sources quoted so it should be useful to you. http://www.smithsonianmag.com/issues/2006/september/hatshepsut.php?page=4

There are lots of others it isnt too hard to find them....just takes a little bit of time.

Jin-Yi

HSC
Awesome! Thanks Bush Rat! Really appreciate it, Thanks again!

insanerp

HSC
see if you can find anything from Gae Callender, too.
she does entire seminars on that topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)