Can anyone help me with this? (1 Viewer)

Bigbang34

HSC
N/A
I'm year 11 and i haven't been doing so well in my half yearly's and i got a low score in 2U Maths like 20 out of 75 yes i know it's terrible!! and like my teacher say you should do general maths.... but i heard the scale for general maths is bad! but also I'm in adv English and for my half yearly i got 14 out of 25 it not that good too, but I'm not sure if I'm going to drop down to standard English, i don't know what to do!! i want an atar of 90+ too. HELP!!

My subjects:

Biology
Earth and Environmental
Visual Arts
Ipt
Adv English
2u Maths

thankyou!

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
What was your ranking for 2u Maths, if every one did bad then its excuseable however if your doing comparatively worse than the rest of your cohort then no amount of 2u scaling will help you. In that case it may be wiser to do general. Usually teacher know your ablity and they only want the best outcome for you.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You're in year 11 and have time to improve-I think you should try to show that you're up to those two subjects for rest of year 11. You have to put in the effort to get 90+ regardless the subjects you do. So you might as well do the better aligining Adv and much better scaling 2U maths if you aren't totally swamped. And we should really evaluate that at the end of Yr 11.

So can we isolate what area needs improvement for both subjects.
1) Did you study for the exams?
2) Do you do H/W and classwork consistently?
3) Did you bomb out in a particular topic/section?

So I think you should put your best foot forward but if you continue getting math results like that, you might have to move to general. But you can definitely improve on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)