o_o
HSC
Uni Grad
For part a:
you basically need to know that

using the cosine rule we can deduce that

Sub PA back into the equation

for part b) i):
we gotta differentiate the equation we got from part a, also not that r does not change so we can treat it like a constant

Now when M is travelling up it means that x is increasing, meaning that we have to find when
Also we should impose the restrictions since we are only dealing with a circle in this question

it's best if you look at the sine graph for this, or you can look at the circle itself as it rotates.

part b) ii)
same thing as part b) i) but then now we have a less than symbol, answer should be

for part c:
We basically have to solve as we are trying to find the stationary points of

Just sub the answer into , probably leave it in exact form. Both of the angles should give the same answer just one is negative and one is positive

part d)
not really sure on that, my brain is dead rn

Last edited:

yodela123

HSC
For part a:
you basically need to know that

using the cosine rule we can deduce that

Sub PA back into the equation

for part b) i):
we gotta differentiate the equation we got from part a, also not that r does not change so we can treat it like a constant

Now when M is travelling up it means that x is increasing, meaning that we have to find when
Also we should impose the restrictions since we are only dealing with a circle in this question

it's best if you look at the sine graph for this, or you can look at the circle itself as it rotates.

part b) ii)
same thing as part b) i) but then now we have a less than symbol, answer should be

for part c:
We basically have to solve as we are trying to find the stationary points of

Just sub the answer into , probably leave it in exact form. Both of the angles should give the same answer just one is negative and one is positive

part d)
not really sure on that, my brain is dead rn
thank uu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)