Can anyone tell me about PSY in sydney unis? (1 Viewer)

JJ_Lin

HSC
I know you need some very high UAI to get in any universities' Bachelor of Psychology
But you also can do Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science but MAJORING in psychology. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCES ?
and also,
in Sydney uni, UNSW, MAQ uni, they need different UAI for bachelor of psychology, is that means the quality of teaching is different? Honours are always a MUST when you want to do clinical psychologist/forensic psychologist/conselling?

Thanks! Please tell me! I want make sure I will have a life (not on the steet)when I finish my HSC

lala2

Banned
HSC
B.A.(Psych.) and B.Sc.(Psych.) both allow you to become a registered psychologist if you do an Honours year--which answers your 2nd question first that yes, you MUST do Honours or an Honours equivalent to be a registered psychologist/counsellor. Plus I think you need to do a masters or something like that too.

The difference between B.A.(Psych.) and B.Sc.(Psych.) is the subjects you do outside of the psychology major. So if you like more humanities, do B.A. If you like more science, do B.Sc.

Different UAI (or now known as ATAR) is a reflection of the demand for a course, not necessarily of the quality of its teaching. Higher UAI/ATAR cutoffs simply mean more people want to do it, and that's all.

Open day season is approaching--I know USYD's is the last Saturday in August (usually UTS is on the same day too, maybe Macquarie and UNSW but not sure) so you might wanna come along and check it out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)