can band 6's get you into uni (1 Viewer)

mikael.cfc

HSC
just for example if i got like a 98 in economics and my uai didnt ed up being that good would that really high mark help me in uni or in the hsc do they only consider wat uai you get?

savio23q

Band
HSC
Depends if the subject you got a band 6 in is related to your chosen course. E.g. if you got a band 6 in 2 unit maths and you wanna do engineering or something to do with maths, you may receive 1, 2 or 3 bonus points. UNSW have this system, not too sure about other unis though. Check their websites if you're curious. Every uni has a system for bonus points, each for different things.

billbro

HSC
N/A
just for example if i got like a 98 in economics and my uai didnt ed up being that good would that really high mark help me in uni or in the hsc do they only consider wat uai you get?
As others have said performing well in certain subjects may give you eligibility for bonus marks. Obviously a high mark will inherently help because it will increase your UAI, but apart from that it will give you extra consideration or preferential treatment.

Basically if you received a UAI of 70, but you scored 98 in Economics and the cutoff for that course is 90 - you won't get in.

UNSW have this system, not too sure about other unis though. Check their websites if you're curious. Every uni has a system for bonus points, each for different things.
Most universities have alternate entry schemes, the bonus points for UNSW is relatively new compared to some of the other universities. This link is useful:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...ty-concessional-alternate-entry-schemes.html#

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You've got about half a year left to fix up your fuck ups, spend less time trying to cheat the system and more time trying to actually improve your marks.

Affinity

HSC
if you get enough band 6s your UAI would be high enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)