Can Harry Potter be used as Related material for Imaginative Journey??? (1 Viewer)

TheProsecutor

There has been some discussion over this, because I don't personally think you can, but others do.

If you can, in what ways can you use it as ORM???

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
depends on what your prescribed text is as well, if its coleridge then i think u can forget about it cos it would just look childish and u wouldnt be able to show all ur knowledge by using a text which gives u such a narrow scope with no room for deep analysis. its easier to twist ur way out by using a simple text but in the end it would make ur job more difficult..at least thats what i think...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i'm going to use it for my core h/w task. our tastk requires us to get material and stuff. theyve narrowed our coices and we can only pick what is on the list for the h/w task, which is rather piss annoying because i had a leunig cartoon and good song lyrics lined prepared which now i cant do. i'll opt for harry potter because the set is sitting on my shelf :rolleyes: i'm doing the tempest, so harry potter would be more suitable for me :)

plus i think this should be in AOS section ;)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
i don't see why not

as long as its related. it can be used as related texts

haha. as long as u can right lots of BS

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
some area of atudies e.g. challenges anything cane be used ie you can argue that everything is a challenge, but the idea is to get the best related material possible. we arent just allowed to go for kids stuff your meant to try expand urself n stuff

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Some chapters stand out as things that you could use, but I don't know about trying to use the book as a whole. The main thing is that you can link it to the ideas found in your other texts, and find techniques that you think are really noteworthy.
Some examples: in POA the time turner parts - it's challenging them, and us, and the composer to a lesser extent. Plus you can link it in with imagination, they just assumed that what happened was the only course of action. Also, in OOTP the parts where Harry is seeing Snape's memories [Snape's Worst Memory, is it? Something like that], it's challenging our views of Harry, Snape and the Marauders as characters, as well as Harry's perception of his father. There's also the Triwizard Tournament in GOF, mainly the chapters with the 3rd task and the battle - it really throws the characters and us, and you go back and pick out all the clues with JK's help through Barty Jr. I haven't read the books for a while, I am sure there are plenty of others. :)

glorybox

ergh, i'm doin the tempest too, though i need another imaginative journey supplementary text ... which means, debbie needs help :)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Do something with at least some depth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)