Can I ace HSC Modern History by self studies only? (1 Viewer)

SterlingC

HSC
So I am seriously considering switching from drama to modern because because one, I have too much passion for history; two, some girls in drama class are mean. Anyway, the problem is that the history teacher at my school is pretty bad at teaching, like SUPER bad. So I am wondering, can I get super high marks for the subject without teacher's guidance? FYI, I am good at memorising facts.

Thank you! :))

tactix

HSC
Sure. Always ensure that you're referring to the syllabus and that you're learning the right content. Plus if you self study you could potentially be ahead of the class.

studygirl118

HSC
Yes, you can!!! I had to self teach Ancient History because our teacher never taught us anything (NOTHING). Still managed to get a solid band 6, so it’s definently possible, just make sure you check out heaps of online resources / notes for modern.
Good luck!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostguard

HSC
Yeah, you definitely can!! Use your passion for history and you will surely do well!! Modern History is mainly rote-learning, so long as you remember the dates and details whilst knowing how to use evaluative language and knowing how to effectively address the focus directive term in the question you will do well! You can always ask even your friends or peers within the cohort for advice or help, getting someone to mark your essay drafts and work is extremely helpful (especially consistently throughout the year, which I didn't and that's probably why I got one mark off B6 LMFAO) but yeah, Modern is pretty self explanatory and as long as you remember the content and expressing it effectively, you can do well! Good Luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)