Can I bring a digital wrist-watch into the exam? (1 Viewer)

emilios

HSC
It has a timer function I want to use. Its otherwise pretty plain and doesnt beep or anything

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
What's the reason for them wanting it on the table?
If you have modified the watch in some way that can project the time and also text eg formulas. It's basically a security issue from what I know. Just so you aren't cheating or distracted by the watch.

the_lebtalian

HSC
u might write something on the watch.
they might think u tampered with it and made it some wacky hacked gizmo calculator
If you have modified the watch in some way that can project the time and also text eg formulas. It's basically a security issue from what I know. Just so you aren't cheating or distracted by the watch.
Ahh alright makes sense

mreditor16

HSC
What's the reason for them wanting it on the table?
from what my teachers have told me, the reason why is that people write stuff on their hand and arm. and so they cheat off it, and to get away, they pretend to be checking the time.

so by keeping the watch on the table, you have no reason to be looking at your arm etc.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
from what my teachers have told me, the reason why is that people write stuff on their hand and arm. and so they cheat off it, and to get away, they pretend to be checking the time.

so by keeping the watch on the table, you have no reason to be looking at your arm etc.
What if you are just mirin yourself

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
The key is to move your eyes not your head when you are looking at the notes written on your arm.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Okay so under no circumstance will I look at my arm tomorrow

turntaker

HSC
Can't you just hack your calculator and use it to calculate the whole paper

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't you just hack your calculator and use it to calculate the whole paper
Dunno they get pretty mad if you take calculators into exams which are humanties ( Other then eco/business)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)