Can I change from Engineering and Commerce to Actuarial in UNSW? (1 Viewer)

noctua

HSC
I was thinking that if I don't get the desired 97 ATAR, that I would do Engineering and Commerce at UNSW, and then transfer into Actuarial studies. Is this possible? Do I have to get all HD's in order to do this? Any advice?

D94

HSC
N/A
To be just competitive, you need at least a 75 WAM, and at least 80 in the two first year MATH courses for Engineering.

noctua

HSC
To be just competitive, you need at least a 75 WAM, and at least 80 in the two first year MATH courses for Engineering.
Is this hard to achieve? Would I be better off doing a single degree and transferring into Actuarial?

D94

HSC
N/A
Is this hard to achieve? Would I be better off doing a single degree and transferring into Actuarial?
No one can simply tell you if 75 or 80 is hard to achieve. For an average student, it is hard to achieve.

Whether you do a single degree or double degree is irrelevant. You don't do double the workload or extra stuff per semester if you do a double degree. You could do 10 degrees concurrently but the number of courses you do per semester is typically the same.

You will need to do at least 2 MATH courses, which means a single Commerce degree is not viable unless you choose to do the actuarial studies MATH courses. You may as well apply for the double degree so that you can decide whether you take the engineering MATH course route or the actuarial studies MATH course route.

HSC
yeah just still put Actuarial studies are your first preference and them comm/engo as the second preference. Who knows you might make it and get actuarial studies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)