can i change my preferences after main round?? (1 Viewer)

smallcattle

HSC
if after the main round, one of the course i wanted to do lowered its cutoff for 2005, will i still be able to change my preferences accordingly, and wot r the chances that that course may be offered to me??

alien

HSC
u can change preferences but there's less chance you'll get an offer.

smallcattle

HSC
ok...but how less, like 30%??

and also, if in the main round, i accepts an offer, and changes my preferences for late round, will uni consider my new first preference? or is it that after i accepts an offer that is it, no more considerations??

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
smallcattle said:
ok...but how less, like 30%??

and also, if in the main round, i accepts an offer, and changes my preferences for late round, will uni consider my new first preference? or is it that after i accepts an offer that is it, no more considerations??
If you are offered first preference in the main round then you will not be made any other offers in other rounds...which makes sense since first preference should be the one you want most.

However if in the main round you do not get your first preference, you will be considered for all preferences above the one you are offered in the main round. You may or may not get another offer in the later rounds if positions are still available and you meet the criteria

smallcattle

HSC
acmilan said:
If you are offered first preference in the main round then you will not be made any other offers in other rounds...which makes sense since first preference should be the one you want most.

However if in the main round you do not get your first preference, you will be considered for all preferences above the one you are offered in the main round. You may or may not get another offer in the later rounds if positions are still available and you meet the criteria

so you mean if my 9th preference being accepted in the main round, and i changed my preferences, in the late round, the uni would reconsider the 1st to 8th preferences if there is still vacancy available??

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I dont think you can change preferences after main round offers. I think the day before main round offers is last day to change

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
heard tat if u want the same course u choosed for the main round in the late round...the UAI is usually higher than the main round~

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
For the higher demand courses, yes, the UAI cutoffs tend to increase dramatically in later rounds (owing to slim supply and overwhelming demand), so in general (not always), you'll have LESS of a chance getting into that course in the later rounds than the main rounds.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
how do we know about which course have greater demand or stuff..won't this be not fair ...???

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hey does anyone think that med sci at usyd will jump far from 94.45. i got 97.00. and if i change my mind do you think B science (adv) will move from 96.35 for next year. i have no idea if they are expecting or have more applicants

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
lukebennett said:
hey does anyone think that med sci at usyd will jump far from 94.45. i got 97.00. and if i change my mind do you think B science (adv) will move from 96.35 for next year. i have no idea if they are expecting or have more applicants
I hope it doesnt because I have a friend who got in the 95s that wants to do it.

Did anyone else see the Uni applicant stats this morning in the herald. Apparantly 57% of hsc students applied and overall there are some 2000 less applicants this year.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
acmilan said:
I hope it doesnt because I have a friend who got in the 95s that wants to do it.

Did anyone else see the Uni applicant stats this morning in the herald. Apparantly 57% of hsc students applied and overall there are some 2000 less applicants this year.

Woohoo.. :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yeah but most 90 courses probably wont be affected much at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)