Can i do a double degree (1 Viewer)

richz

Can i still do a double degree

ok, say i applied for just B eng, can i add a degree to it, without applying thru uac, ie without changin my preferences on uac. Im asking this becuz i read that it is possible to add a degree on the enrolment day.

Last edited by a moderator:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sort of:

At UNSW they package some degrees together into the one code/offer, so you can add on certain doubles at some point. For example with B Science(Advanced) it is possible to add on a B Arts at enrollment or acceptance(not sure which).

At MQ you can combine any of its bachelors degrees and some diplomas and certificates with whatever you are currently in, this is done via UAC if you go to a different uni, and via MQ if you attend your first degree there.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I don't see what's stopping him from enroling in the unit's they would do in the double degree this semester then apply for an internal transfer for it next semester...

I dunno bout other unis, but at UWS it was up to the student to make sure they where meeting their course requirements with what units they where doing. Eg: I did two units from a Design course when I was enroled in a Science course.

Just look up what units the double degree people do and enrole in them. If you can't they'll tell you when u go to do it

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Your best bet is to ring the uni, depending on the uni and the course it may or may not be possible. I know if I went to UNSW I would not be able to combine my two degrees because of the structure of their criminology degree, however it is possible to combine it at UWS.

They may have set combined degrees or they may let you choose, so just give them a call and explain what you want to do and they should tell you if its possible.

richz

o ok thnx, im going to usyd and planning to combine engineering with science, which are related

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
mostly l;ikely they would allow that combination, I think your prob would be since you didn't apply for it b4 the main round...check out the UAC book, do they have a set combination?

richz

yes, true and the late round offers closed last nite, darn it.

and yes they do have a set combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)