Can I do anything? (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I went to the Tutorial Registration page today and had a look at each of my units today. When I went to registration page for my Intro to Sociology unit, I realised that the tute time I wanted to register in had been closed (I later found out that this is due to a lack of student numbers in the unit). My problem was that it's the only viable option. All the other times either clashed with other units or were impractical due to the fact I have to travel between two campuses (via pub. transport).
I rang the unit co-ordinator and the Student Centre and they pretty much told me there was nothing they could do.

I later decided that I would drop this unit and instead pick-up a Psychology unit. This would allow me to limit transport between campuses and see me at uni one less day per week. Unfortunately, I was informed by the Student Centre that after I lodge the form, it will take 24 - 48 hrs to process before it will be availble on pweb - tutorial registration is tomorrow at 10am!

My question is: Is there anything I can do to allow me to register on time, even if my unit isn't 'enrolled' on pweb in time? I was thinking of offering the student centre money, or perhaps sex, but I'm sceptical about how successful that would be. :p
Alternatively, can i register at the uni's computers, or do it at the uni not electronically?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
natstar said:
Yeah this does happen. For 2 of my units, from the 3 time slots that were listed, only 2 were opened, with the other one being closed, and only to be opened if the other 2 were full and there were more students to register. Lucky for me, my preferred tute times have never been closed.

Unfortunatly you cant do anything until your enrolment is confirmed. On the other hand, as I was saying in another thread, I too dropped a unit and picked another one up, but I couldent give the form to the student centre becuase I live out of Sydney. I had to send the variation form to the uni by express post. I sent it last Monday, and by mid wednesday the new units were up on Platform web. So taking the form didnt get to the uni (I sent it to Penrith DC) by Tuesday, and the units were up by Wednesday, I was quite suprised becuase normally as you said it takes 24-48 hours.
So I'd keep on checking platform web tomorrow morning before 10am, to see what comes up, maybe you will get lucky.
Using the uni's computers wont change anything either. Nor do I think you can register for tutes at the student centre.
Thanks - didn't think there was much I could do.

I highly doubt it will be up by 10am - I haven't sent/lodged any forms yet. I'm doing that as soon as the centre open tomorrow morning. I don't think it will be up on pweb less than an hour later...unfortunately.
But it isn't too bad - not getting my first pref for this unit shouldn't have any devastating effects. The worst that could happen is I have to wait 8 hrs between my lecture and tute. :p

L

LaraB

unfortunately its just one o those things that happened when you are doing a... i guess "less structured course"..

by that i mean - say my course, B Bus (HRM&IR) part, it has set core units in a set order so they always offer them at times that are possible to be attended by all studenhts,. including combined students...

whereas, as you have some degree of flexibility, it's harder for them to timetable it that way...

one option if you're really really relaly stuck is to transfer 1 or some of your law units to a night class if you don't want to mess with your selected units...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)