Can i do ESL? (1 Viewer)

Spanishbludger

HSC
N/A
Hello, so english is my second language with spanish being my primary...

I'm in year 12, and i arrived to Australia in around August 2002. Currently am doing Advanced English but almost failing, even though i'm spending hours and hours preparing, studying and even handing in my drafts.

Prior to coming to live in Australia i went to a school overseas where spanish was the first language for everyone, and we learned some english as well. So it was a bilingual school dedicated to teaching English to the spanish-speaking people.

Can i apply for ESL?

mik90

HSC
Yes u can - uve been here for less than 7 yrs and surely u can prove it. Do it - it is the best option... esl is recongnised as english by unis and it is remarkably easier

rdevlin

HSC
I think you'll find that you need to have been in Australia 5 years or less to qualify for ESL. Unless you have other circumstances that need to be considered such as living in a refugee camp, interrupted schooling etc., then by rights, you don't qualify.

ESL being easier is a common misnomer - you have less time to discuss more content in the AOS paper! Additionally, if you're picking it for that reason, you shouldn't. Maybe you should consider moving to the Standard course instead. You may find it less challenging than Advanced.

cheney31

HSC
asuming u meet ur requirement i still dont think you can do it
coz by now both courses should have done their first assessment
and the 2 marks are not transferable which means if u transfer u would miss out on the first assessment which most school will not allow..

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
they will just give an estimate for the marks on the assessment task they miss out on, i think. Thats what they do at my school.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
It's hard to align these marks. new students arriving at my school have to sit for all the tests that we've done. This can be similar for those who want to change from Advanced to ESL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)