Can i get into uni next year? (1 Viewer)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
hmm well take john laws for example, he didnt even finish school his got lots of money,
It's one example of succeding in life without a Uni degree so another example would be Bill Gates the richest man on earth he drop out of uni in first year and now richer than everybody.

Originally posted by Dingo2004
fark if i won lotto man.. i aint goin to uni no more
hahahaha
What about visiting BoS ??

Musegirl

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dingo2004
also this is for Musegirl, the chick that started this thread, NO YOU CANNOT GOTO UNI NEXT YEAR, bcoz diploma courses go for 2 years. so you may be able to goto uni in 2006. =P
The Diploma of Business (Marketing) goes for one semester after you do a Certificate of Business (Marketing) for one semester. Therefore, it will take me one year, not two years.

Matthew_152

why go to TAFE?....do'nt wait till next year...go to uni this year lol. Sorry, im just joking, most of my friends didnt get the marks for their desired course at uni and are also doing TAFE this year. If u work consistently, i'm sure that u will get into uni in the near future.

layzie bone

If you completed a diploma with High Distinction, then go to uni, can you chose whatever you want to do at any uni?

soso

HSC
N/A
Other ways of getting to uni include the NRSL or mature age entry not available at UNSW or ANU

Macquarie Non award course. Do 4 subjects pay fees up front pass and then go to a hecs place in second semester for UAI of 40-62

Enrol in a diploma of languages course at Macquarie do 4 subjects the proceed to second semester. Whole course is HECS.
Don't worry if languages arent your thing. Subjects are more about culture and designed for you to pass, great option UAI not important as above

soso

HSC
N/A
Oh Must enrol in Dip of Languages by sept 2004 to attend in 2005 beware the early cut off. enrol as insurance then yo uwill have the option if mark not what you want

layzie bone

Originally posted by soso
Enrol in a diploma of languages course at Macquarie do 4 subjects the proceed to second semester. Whole course is HECS.
Don't worry if languages arent your thing. Subjects are more about culture and designed for you to pass, great option UAI not important as above
Macquarie as in Macquarie university?

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Thats not right

when doing a non award program you have to pay for it up front and it's not through HECS as HECS is for an Award program leading to a Bachelor degree.

Is it done through SIBT you are talking about soso ?

Musegirl

HSC
N/A
Musegirl said:
Im going to enroll into the Diploma of Business (Marketing) at TAFE and im just wondering if thats good enough to get me into the B Commerce at UoW in 2005? (I have a UAI of 70.85 btw)
I know that this is a dead board now, but I would like to give you an update on this. This is now 1.5 years later... I ended up choosing to do the Advanced Diploma part of the course (because it looks better on my resume) and I applied to UoW in June. I GOT IN! With a credit average and 48 credit point exemption. BTW. I graduated high school in 2003. :D *jumping for joy*

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Congratulations Musegirl!:)

EDIT: I'll correct this now that I've seen this thread-
soso said:
This isn't how the above program works atm(don't now about then), the Diploma of Languages is a qualification offered by Macquarie on a part time basis(part time only) to either students who are enrolled in a tertiary degree at Macquarie or another institution or students who have completed Macquarie's Certificate of Languages. There are however no entry requirements for the Certificate. This part time requisite also means that you may only undertake 1 subject per semester. Study may be in European, Asian or Ancient Languages and they are of the lingual nature moreso than the cultural. Upon Diploma completion you may transfer into the Bachelor of Languages as well as recieve credit for any language studies undergone from TAFE.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)