Can I get some brutally honest feedback. (plus how would you mark this out of 20) (1 Viewer)

Jane Mao

HSC
it seems like the whole world has done their trials already, yet I haven't even started.

Hi, could someone please give me some specific feedback on this. I struggle a lot with English and its really hard to write better essays when the only feedback i get from my teacher is "Deeper analysis required" (bc shes lazy af and doesn't bother teaching) At this point I'd rather painfully honest feedback than nothing at all.

Also i often feel myself become mentally tired and just start bs the essay around the third paragraph. I wonder if that's obvious here.

Thank you so much in advance

Attachments

Last edited:

swarley2345

HSC
Hey, I'm giving you feedback based on what my teachers and tutor have told me, so it may be a little bit school specific.
- Don't start the thesis statement with the title of your text. Keep it vague. The next sentence is your elaboration sentence.
- Always address to what extent in the thesis. I have gotten marks taken off for not doing it.
- You have 4 quotes in the first paragraph. You are not unpacking them enough.
- Talk about audience positioning
- Need a concluding sentence 1st para
- You didn't really answer the extent part of the question in ur essay
- You can maybe include critic quotes to support ur points
-Use words from the stimulus throughout your essay to show that u are linking back to it
- You need to engage with the stimulus more.

Jane Mao

HSC
Hiii, thanks for responding why is this more feedback than that I've gotten from my teache rin the past year combined

I'm a bit lost as to how to answer the "to what extent" part of the question (I feel like I just skipped it cause I don't know how to answer it) could you please give an example?

Also what exactly do you mean by engage with the stimulus? I really don't know how please elaborate?

P.s just curious what mark would you say this is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)