Can I/How to get 99+? Half yearlies not great (1 Viewer)

remras

HSC
Hey all, after half yearlies, I'm not feeling too crash hot about some of my marks and been worried. I go to a school ranked top 5-10.

My semester 1 marks are (unsure about ranks, these are all (i assume fairly accurate) estimates)

*OOPS EDIT

Adv eng: 98/100 - rank top 3??
Ext eng: 94/100 - rank top 15-20/80
Eco: 83/100 - really not sure tbh maybe 30ish/80
Phys: 62/100 - rank would be around 60ish/70
Maths ext : 65/100 - rank 100/140
Maths ext 2: 60/100 - rank 70-80/100

Phys and maths were complete screw ups, but much of it was under preparation and repeating poor habits of past exams/past years and allnightering. I know i can pick up maths, physics i really am not sure about its quite terrible and not many get a band 6. I am willing to commit and I've got roughly 65-70% left of internals in each subject. Is it possible to get 99+? and any tips on improving in phys and maths?? really regretting those choices now...

Thanks guys :tongue:

Last edited:

sida1049

HSC
Yes, you can hit 99+. Those aren't poor marks, especially given your school ranking. Even if those marks were from my school (public comprehensive ranked in the 80s), you'd still have a reasonable shot of getting 99+. So keep trying to improve.

remras

HSC
hey thanks for the reply! it's making me feel better after receiving my marks, mostly just feeling the guilt and regret of not prepping earlier. i fixed my maths marks, those were my ranks, my marks as you can see are considerably worse... but yeah, gonna try for it :)

egal

HSC
Hey! you for sure can still get 99!

But, I'd recommend dropping physics if your school allows it. You don't seem to keen on it, and as your marks aren't that great in it, I don't see any reason for you too keep it especially as you have 13 units. You don't want to burn out and it would have a great impact on your ATAR if you could divert your physics time to maths or something!

Good luck, don't stress, you definitely have some very promising marks :)

remras

HSC
Hey! you for sure can still get 99!

But, I'd recommend dropping physics if your school allows it. You don't seem to keen on it, and as your marks aren't that great in it, I don't see any reason for you too keep it especially as you have 13 units. You don't want to burn out and it would have a great impact on your ATAR if you could divert your physics time to maths or something!

Good luck, don't stress, you definitely have some very promising marks :)
Hey thanks for the reply!, can't drop phys as i only have 11 units!! i do love the content, just put a LOT of pressure on myself to do well in half yearlies cos i screwed the first exam, got scared, pushed it aside and ended up allnightering and losing heaps of dumb marks. just hoping im able to pull up phys and maths by the hsc and hopefully get a 99+ :)))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)