• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

can i still get a 75+ atar (1 Viewer)

aIlisonnnn

HSC
i messed up big time in my term 1 and term 2 assessments... i dont know if i can still get at least a 75 atar since my ranks are really bad (also i dont know much about how scaling works)

my marks (term 1 + term 2 combined), weighing an overall 45%:
ancient history: 63%, rank 32/34
biology: 51%, rank: 52/58
legal: 74%, rank: 20/25
maths advanced: 79%, rank: 21/55
english standard: 55%, rank: 85/103

my school's rank (if that helps) is around 65 each year

Cherryy9

HSC
Honestly, you still have 2 more assessments/trials to try to REALLY jack up your rank. Ideally, you would not want to be in the bottom half. Additionally, your school isn’t ranked too bad so that will help. If you are aiming for a 75+ to get into a course then I’d recommend studying a bit harder and spending more time on the upcoming tasks! If you need a little help maybe consider reaching out. If you have any questions for English or Biology, feel free to pm me, I tutor for both- but I don’t mind answering any questions you are stuck on.

Anyways- looking overall, if you can get those ranks up and do well in the HSC, at this stage I don’t see why that is not possible. Maybe try to also find a routine and a way to limit distractions. Having clear goals helps with this too!
Good luck.

Armon

HSC
the question that seeing these lower atar goals always raises is why do you want a 75? any course with an atar req <80 will probably give you early entry anyways

katiekms

HSC
the question that seeing these lower atar goals always raises is why do you want a 75? any course with an atar req <80 will probably give you early entry anyways
i don’t think it’s them hoping for a 75 because it’s the atar they need, i think it’s them setting a lowered goal after getting marks they deem bad, so it’s like “can i AT LEAST get a 75?”, like them justifying it in a way. idk what i’m saying tbh.

aIlisonnnn

HSC
the degree i wanna get into now has a guaranteed entry for a selection rank of 75. like of course i want an atar far above 75 (original goal was 90+ :(), but im just setting a baseline and working with what i can still salvage

katiekms

HSC
the degree i wanna get into now has a guaranteed entry for a selection rank of 75. like of course i want an atar far above 75 (original goal was 90+ :(), but im just setting a baseline and working with what i can still salvage
i stand corrected. i believe in you, you’re gonna get it!!! :oldsmile:

aIlisonnnn

HSC
btw just wondering what atar am i expecting here with my current marks + ranks, if theres anyway to tell?

katiekms

HSC
btw just wondering what atar am i expecting here with my current marks + ranks, if theres anyway to tell?
also, you can look at how many band 6s you school gets for each subject on hscninja and then determine if you can expect to get one from your rank (if there’s 8 band 6s for that subject and you’re rank 2, you’ll probably get a band 6)

katiekms

HSC
also, you can look at how many band 6s you school gets for each subject on hscninja and then determine if you can expect to get one from your rank (if there’s 8 band 6s for that subject and you’re rank 2, you’ll probably get a band 6)
but also remember this isn’t definitive especially if you’re working towards improving your marks. so don’t feel too bad about it :oldsmile:

HSC
i messed up big time in my term 1 and term 2 assessments... i dont know if i can still get at least a 75 atar since my ranks are really bad (also i dont know much about how scaling works)

hey trawg you really fucked those tests but u can easily clutch up your next assessments and if u work really hard a 75+ atar is 100% in the cards, if not a 65 atar is still respectable so don't sweat it too hard. #HUSTLEUP #HUSTLEGANG4LYFE

Test-king12

Banned
HSC

1716899905253.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)