Can I still get a decent English rank with bad assesment marks? (1 Viewer)

nathanf

HSC
I really flunked out in Adv English this year, I got 71% for my first assingment (AOS) 70% for Module A then 50% for Module B and 55% Module C
And I'm pretty sure I screwed up my trials.

So with these fairly terrible marks which would probably give me an average around 60, depending on trial mark. Could I still get a decent overall English mark like 75-80 if I do really well in HSC?

anne1010

HSC
omg the number of times ive said this
NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT UR INTERNAL MARK. NO BODY.

it all depends on ur rank. if ur ranked first then you can get a hsc mark of 100.
maybe ur school just marks really hard

nathanf

HSC
so if my internal mark isn't too bad in relation to the rest of my year I'd be alright because of ranking?

That's not bad then, then I guess the HSC itself is just in relation to everyone else, so you can still get 96 atar even if you only got 89% for everything and most people got below that mark?

anne1010

HSC
so if my internal mark isn't too bad in relation to the rest of my year I'd be alright because of ranking?

That's not bad then, then I guess the HSC itself is just in relation to everyone else, so you can still get 96 atar even if you only got 89% for everything and most people got below that mark?
ok story time.
my maths teachers old ext 1 maths class had 7 people. this teacher creates extremely difficult exams and throughout the whole year, getting 35% would be very good. he wrote their trials, 1 person passed i think. people who dont get rankings and alignment and shit would laugh at this class and believe they're all really dumb. one got an e3 and the rest got an e4.

so dont worry about ur mark, its about ur rank. you can get a 99.95 atar if you got 20% for ur internals but u were ranked first in every subject :)

tambam

HSC
I really flunked out in Adv English this year, I got 71% for my first assingment (AOS) 70% for Module A then 50% for Module B and 55% Module C
And I'm pretty sure I screwed up my trials.

So with these fairly terrible marks which would probably give me an average around 60, depending on trial mark. Could I still get a decent overall English mark like 75-80 if I do really well in HSC?
The title of this thread doesn't really make sense. Because if you know your assessment marks, you should also know your rank? (ie. if you're bottom, average or top in your school)

But yes, even if your raw school marks aren't good, it all depends on how well you, and your grade, perform in the hsc.
So if you were average at your school with marks of ~60%, but then in the hsc external exam if the average of the people in your grade who sit for that exam is 80, then your school internal mark will be pulled up to 80.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
And just remember, even if you end up doing awfully in all your assessments and at the bottom of your year, your assessment mark is only half your HSC mark - whatever you get in the HSC exam is yours regardless of rank or anything else.

keithbaby

HSC
omg the number of times ive said this
NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT UR INTERNAL MARK. NO BODY.

it all depends on ur rank. if ur ranked first then you can get a hsc mark of 100.
maybe ur school just marks really hard
where's the 'like' button!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The little star on the bottom left corner of the post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)