can I still get there? (1 Viewer)

littlespartan

HSC
N/A
So, I pretty much failed my maths assessments, these are my marks and ranks:
Math 2U: 74% 14/43
Math 3U: 51.7% 18/18
For my other subjects, (physics, chemistry, economics) my ranks are ask within top 3 and my marks are above 90%, it's just math I'm struggling with. My half yearlies are next week, my question is: I if I can do well in my exams next week, can I still get an ATAR above 95? Also, if you have any tips on how to study for a math test in a short time that would be great.

egal

HSC
firstly- congratulations on your marks for chem physics and eco, thats awesome.

For maths, I'd recommend little flash cards with general formulas that simplify each concept- no examples, just a general formula.

Also- do lots of harder questions- that way the exam will feel easier.

For example
d/dy ax^n +bx^m + c = nax^n-1 + mbx^m-1 (where x is the only variable and the others are constants)

I found them especially useful for the trapezoidal and simpson's rule, made it much easier.

Its hard to say whether or not you will achieve this goal without knowing your english result. I would say it is very likely if you are in the top 8% or so of your english cohort- plug in your goal to -https://talent-100.com.au/atar-calculator/#welcome - then convert these marks into raw marks needed in the HSC exam from the raw marks database- rawmarks.info

Keep in mind that the raw marks are not for internal assessments but for the HSC exam.

Don't worry about your maths results in the first assessment, just work on improving for the rest of the year and you'll be golden.

Best of luck :)

miss_a

HSC
N/A
Do as many practice questions as you can asap. Try doing some practice half yearly exams, there are lot from other highschools online. On top of remembering the formulas, KNOW HOW TO APPLY THEM. And finally, practice your timing. Good luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)