Can my teacher get me into trouble? (1 Viewer)

AtlasX

HSC
Well I had an exam today but missed out I have a doctors certificate but she thinks I stayed because of an assignment (I really wasn't)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
not really, what they think is irrelevant and really what can they do? if you have the doctors certificate, they really can't say much

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
If there's an issue first talk to your head of department, if they don't go in your favour, contact the board.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Talk to the executives at your school directly. The teacher can't really do anything about it if you have doctors certificate as proof of sickness (unless you forged it then you're screwed)

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
If you have a doctors certificate, that's formal and it can't be disputed to say you were not sick.

Then again, It's super easy to get a doctors certificate, not that I ever did get one for the HSC, but the teachers have nothing to do but attribute ultimate legitimacy to it, so they can't say anything.

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
They could call the doctor to confirm the certificate.
Oh, yes, but I'm saying some doctors could leniently give it out. It happens all the time. So yeah they'll confirm the certificate, but that doesn't mean the certificate is 'authentic' (i.e. that the kid was actually sick).

enoilgam

HSC
I think with a lot of schools, there is a strict procedure regarding absences on exam days and a Doctor's Certificate alone isnt always enough. I remember at my old HS, the Doctor's Certificate needed to specifically state that your illness meant that you were unable to complete the exam or hand in the assignment. It wasnt sufficient if it just said "Please excuse Joe Bloggs from school because he had the flu".

As for the certificate itself, I'm pretty sure that it is illegal for a school (and workplace) to ignore one or dismiss one that is valid (i.e. it is authentic and unaltered). Like, if I had a certificate for being absent during an exam and it met my school's criteria, they couldnt turn around and say "we dont believe that you were really sick".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)