Can religion and science be on the same side (1 Viewer)

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I think some religious premises, such as man being made in gods image, and man being more important and having a divine right to reign over other species, are undermined by the theory of evolution.

HSC
Uni Grad
Because he is apparently omnipotent and thus would achieve perfection(which we are far from perfect) with one attempt rather than evolve us over time.
That's true, wouldnt have made us so fragile and crap. And if we had a soul our brain would be much smaller cos we'd only need it for body function not memories and stuff cos our soul would hold that.

sam5

HSC
agreed. the order of creation in the 6 days according to genesis follows the same order as evolution, with humans last etc etc.
can u plz tell me how the fuck evolution can happen in 6 days?

this immediately disproves what the bible is saying.

The bible is a book of lies, written by imaginative men who were helplessly searching for answers (and thus explains their imaginative ventures).

They are unreliable for information.

They were primative.

They knew very little.

They cannot be read from.

We cannot listen to them. Their theories are completely wrong.

Its just ashame that god will never be disproven, because he was created in the minds of imaginative, primative men.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
It depends what you mean by science. I disagree with the theory of evolution because in my opinion there is little to no evidence that supports it.

The theory of creationism and God makes more sense, but beacause both evolution and God are only and idea and a concept, then it takes faith to believe in either one of them. Faith is not limited to religion when there is no evidence to support a scientific theory - it takes faith to believe in the theory. Think of the aether. There a stll people claiming to be trying to find it today.

bio_nut

HSC
It depends what you mean by science. I disagree with the theory of evolution because in my opinion there is little to no evidence that supports it.

The theory of creationism and God makes more sense, but beacause both evolution and God are only and idea and a concept, then it takes faith to believe in either one of them. Faith is not limited to religion when there is no evidence to support a scientific theory - it takes faith to believe in the theory. Think of the aether. There a stll people claiming to be trying to find it today.
Fucking moron.

What do you mean there is little to no evidence to support evolution?

You have obviously done NO research into the topic whatever (at least the actual science part, maybe you're just bogged down in bogus, religious shit).

Evolution is not only an idea. You also do not understand what "theory" means in a scientific context.

sam5

HSC
Im glad theres more atheists in these younger generations.

im glad to know that im not alone. :)

suling

HSC

there is a hell of a lot more evidence for evolution than there is for creationism..

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

lol dont even waste your time you guys

fliick

HSC
N/A
Im glad theres more atheists in these younger generations.

im glad to know that im not alone. :)
But some of the newer athiests are arrogant and think their king shit, giving the majority of them a bad name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)