can some1 quick recap me on how to do such qs (1 Viewer)

ekjchale#1

HSC
1651045855428.png
specifically the finding exact value, have become rusty so forgot that part

5uckerberg

HSC
Considering this is a range question we need to focus on the domain between [-1, 1] because otherwise, we will have complex numbers for both which will require complex analysis which is way too out of your reach.

Here, for at x=-1, 0, 1 you will see that they have the following values .

So therefore,

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
When you differentiate it, you get 0 right..... this implies that the original function must have been a constant for the derivative to be zero. Now for the working out, I am sure you let x = sin (theta). Hence , this means that x = cos (pi/2 - theta). Then we can re write these statements as theta = sin^-1 (x) and (pi/2 - theta) = cos^-1(x). And when you sub in the terms you get (pi/2 - theta + theta = pi/2) which proves as required. Sorry for the clumped up form

Edit: @5uckerberg and @cossine have explained it better than me... did not see their posts lol

cossine

HSC
Considering this is a range question we need to focus on the domain between [-1, 1] because otherwise, we will have complex numbers for both which will require complex analysis which is way too out of your reach.

Here, for at x=-1, 0, 1 you will see that they have the following values .

So therefore,
I never heard of sin^-1 being defined for complex numbers. Cool

cossine

HSC
Ah fair I tried that but it seemed way to simple lol, thanks for the clarification @5uckerberg @cossine @Run hard@thehsc
So if you have y = sin^-1(x) + cos^-1(x)

Then dy/dx = 0. So you have a differential equation that you can solve. Another alternative would be draw triangles.

So draw triangle with hypotenuse 1 and opposite side x for sin^-1(x) and hypotenuse 1 and adjacent side x for cos^-1(x). You will see the two angles will need to add up to 90.

ekjchale#1

HSC
So if you have y = sin^-1(x) + cos^-1(x)

Then dy/dx = 0. So you have a differential equation that you can solve. Another alternative would be draw triangles.

So draw triangle with hypotenuse 1 and opposite side x for sin^-1(x) and hypotenuse 1 and adjacent side x for cos^-1(x). You will see the two angles will need to add up to 90.
Ah yep that makes sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)