Can somebody please help me out with my timetable? (1 Viewer)

ayecee

HSC
I'll be starting B Mechanical & Mechatronic Engineering in for Autumn semester, and I went onto the timetable builder, put in the following subjects...
33130 Mathematical Modelling 1
48230 Engineering Communication
48610 Introduction to Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering
68037 Physical Modelling

...Added the autumn semester ones, put times in etc, Hit Horizontal grid, and this is what it spat out.
Timetable.png

Could someone please tell me what I'm looking at, as I barely have a clue...
(sorry for the obvious noob question :s )

Thanks for the help,
Adrian

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
that is all the potential classes available for all 4 subjects in the autumn semesters over the 5 days (mon-fri).

what you should do is for each subject determine what sort of classes you will attend, eg for 33130 there is computer 1 (1 hour) which you could attend on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday at many different times, the subject also has lecture 1 (2 hours) which is only available on wednesday at 11am, and the subject also has a tutorial 1 class which is only available on wednesday which has many different times such as 12pm, 2pm etc.
then you decide which time for those 3 classes for subject 33130 and your other 3 subjects is convenient for you.

khoavo12

HSC
Hey did you build your timetable before applying for HECS??

ayecee

HSC
that is all the potential classes available for all 4 subjects in the autumn semesters over the 5 days (mon-fri).

what you should do is for each subject determine what sort of classes you will attend, eg for 33130 there is computer 1 (1 hour) which you could attend on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday at many different times, the subject also has lecture 1 (2 hours) which is only available on wednesday at 11am, and the subject also has a tutorial 1 class which is only available on wednesday which has many different times such as 12pm, 2pm etc.
then you decide which time for those 3 classes for subject 33130 and your other 3 subjects is convenient for you.
Thanks for that, I'll try and assemble a timetable and check back in when I have!

Hey did you build your timetable before applying for HECS??
Yes, just google uts timetable 2014 and it should come up. It's just a guide though and isn't connected to your uts student account

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Those are the potential classes as somebody said. Engineering contact hours is one the highest and I believe you will have 5 days a week with Engineering.

By the way how did you get in so quickly? Was this through PRS or something else?

ayecee

HSC
Those are the potential classes as somebody said. Engineering contact hours is one the highest and I believe you will have 5 days a week with Engineering.

By the way how did you get in so quickly? Was this through PRS or something else?
I got in through the guaranteed entry scheme, however I can't enrol in my subjects yet as I'm awaiting for my tfn to arrive. Anyone can look at the course guide and create a mock up timetable however :)

khoavo12

HSC
Hey so can we choose to finish earlier (like at 4pm)? Does finishing early mean I would miss some classes? So confused :|

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
You start and finish whenever you have subjects scheduled. If you are really picky with times you'll likely have a timetable spread over more days than it could be. If you decide to skip lectures, that's your choice in most subjects. Some tutes or labs require you to attend a certain percentage to pass the subject, others have marked hw during tutes worth like 10% of the semesters mark - once again it's not school so it's your choice.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
I got in through the guaranteed entry scheme, however I can't enrol in my subjects yet as I'm awaiting for my tfn to arrive. Anyone can look at the course guide and create a mock up timetable however :)

It's just a timetable maker to help students allocate and prioritise their timetable. This is what the actual timetable would look like for students.
Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 9.24.16 am.jpg

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey so can we choose to finish earlier (like at 4pm)? Does finishing early mean I would miss some classes? So confused :|
if your subjects have classes available which allow you to end early then its definitely possible.
last year for business i had 3 day timetables, with 2 of those days ending before 3pm.

coolkid96

HSC
hi, im making my timetable (for eng (mech)/sci (phys) )too, and I am definitely doing these:

Math mod 1
Phys Mod
Intro to mech & mech

But i dont know whether to choose Chem1 or Engineering communications for my 4th subject, help please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)