• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can someone clear this up? (3 Viewers)

ronny thamer

HSC
Hello BOS users,

Can someone tell me if I have to know any year 11 content for the 2025 HSC (or just HSC in general) for all of my subjects. I'm asking this because some people have been giving me conflicting answers.

Subjects
Maths Extension 1
Maths Advanced
Chemistry
Physics
Modern History
Legal Studies
English Advanced

If someone could say yes or no/say what specifically I have to know for each subject that would be amazing!

Aeonium

zero sugar, zero ice
HSC
N/A
Hello BOS users,

Can someone tell me if I have to know any year 11 content for the 2025 HSC (or just HSC in general) for all of my subjects. I'm asking this because some people have been giving me conflicting answers.

Subjects
Maths Extension 1
Maths Advanced
Chemistry
Physics
Modern History
Legal Studies
English Advanced

If someone could say yes or no/say what specifically I have to know for each subject that would be amazing!
maths: yes
chem: probably
phys: the concepts build up so yes
eng: the module ideas in y12 are just a more advanced version of the year 11 ones

karamazova

HSC
of the ones i did and can speak on personally:

maths advanced - yes
chem - yes, especially quantitative chemistry/stoichiometry; you'll need to recall a fair bit of your y11 stuff in order to fully understand the y12 content but you won't be assessed on it in the hsc. sometimes they do ask about entropy/enthalpy/gibb's free energy in the hsc but it's rare. you'll want to hang closely onto the periodicity and vsepr theory as well
physics - yes to everything, y11 physics forms the basis for pretty much everything in y12 physics
modern history - no, some information might be relevant if they lead into your y12 topics but generally no you won't need any of your year 11 content for the hsc
english advanced - nope! not the content itself anyway, just the skills you've picked up along the way

hope that helps, good luck in year 12!!

ronny thamer

HSC
of the ones i did and can speak on personally:

maths advanced - yes
chem - yes, especially quantitative chemistry/stoichiometry; you'll need to recall a fair bit of your y11 stuff in order to fully understand the y12 content but you won't be assessed on it in the hsc. sometimes they do ask about entropy/enthalpy/gibb's free energy in the hsc but it's rare. you'll want to hang closely onto the periodicity and vsepr theory as well
physics - yes to everything, y11 physics forms the basis for pretty much everything in y12 physics
modern history - no, some information might be relevant if they lead into your y12 topics but generally no you won't need any of your year 11 content for the hsc
english advanced - nope! not the content itself anyway, just the skills you've picked up along the way

hope that helps, good luck in year 12!!
Thanks! I hope you do well in your upcoming exams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)