Can someone explain to me what Human Experiences are? How does NESA want us to integrate Human Experiences in our Assessments? (1 Viewer)

DeathToNESA

HSC
I don't get what it means when they say, "What does it mean to be human?"

Someone pleaaseee explain

Thanks

vinlatte

HSC
I don't get what it means when they say, "What does it mean to be human?"

Someone pleaaseee explain

Thanks
What qualities distinguish us humans from any other being? It could be memories, emotions, human desires etc. These form our experiences as being humans.

If you want, you could imagine if you're an alien. How would you descibe humans and how they interact in their world?

What makes actions humane? Or how can a human be described as an animal?

It really depends on your reasoning and perspective, but the topic mainly deals with emotions, experiences, social issues and society.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
If you read the marking criteria for any English essay it always just says sound understanding, extensive understanding, etc you get the point
You literally never know what it takes to get a certain mark, I have a theory that not only the students don't know but the teachers and NESA also have no f..... clue how to mark English. There have been times where multiple teachers for other subjects told me that it's obvious that I do really well in English because of my writing and then blah blah need to improve XYZ, this was when I got a 50% and a 60% for my English tests. I've also had times where my class teacher said my work is good and then another teacher was marking the assessment and I barely passed again. You never know with English. At another occasion I did what I normally do and got a 95% and came 1st, idk how any of that makes sense so I'm just gonna try to do well in my other subjects and let English sort itself out.

DeathToNESA

HSC
What qualities distinguish us humans from any other being? It could be memories, emotions, human desires etc. These form our experiences as being humans.

If you want, you could imagine if you're an alien. How would you descibe humans and how they interact in their world?

What makes actions humane? Or how can a human be described as an animal?

It really depends on your reasoning and perspective, but the topic mainly deals with emotions, experiences, social issues and society.
Thanks

DeathToNESA

HSC
If you read the marking criteria for any English essay it always just says sound understanding, extensive understanding, etc you get the point
You literally never know what it takes to get a certain mark, I have a theory that not only the students don't know but the teachers and NESA also have no f..... clue how to mark English. There have been times where multiple teachers for other subjects told me that it's obvious that I do really well in English because of my writing and then blah blah need to improve XYZ, this was when I got a 50% and a 60% for my English tests. I've also had times where my class teacher said my work is good and then another teacher was marking the assessment and I barely passed again. You never know with English. At another occasion I did what I normally do and got a 95% and came 1st, idk how any of that makes sense so I'm just gonna try to do well in my other subjects and let English sort itself out.
Yeah, I see where ur coming from. I do advanced and extension 1 English and my advanced teacher, (who was new to the school) gave me a good mark where I landed third place, but my extension teacher, who is the headteacher for English, undermarked my exam, even others said I should've gotten more marks. Idk man its a bias topic

SpiderX1X

HSC
I remember during the year (I'm in Year 10) there is kid in my class that loves horsing around, he's smart but he just is too distracted all the time and our teacher doesn't like him. He got like 30-40% throughout all his assessments because it was marked by our own teacher which hated him but the yearlies were marked by another teacher who marked the entire grade and that guy ended up getting the highest in the grade, the one who loves messing around.

Cherrybomb56

HSC
I remember during the year (I'm in Year 10) there is kid in my class that loves horsing around, he's smart but he just is too distracted all the time and our teacher doesn't like him. He got like 30-40% throughout all his assessments because it was marked by our own teacher which hated him but the yearlies were marked by another teacher who marked the entire grade and that guy ended up getting the highest in the grade, the one who loves messing around.
wow. What a jump of marks. Maybe he studied and focused in the yearlies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)