Can someone pls explain how to do this Chemistry MC question (1 Viewer)

TK123

HSC
Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 1.42.16 pm.png

The question is from the 2021 CSSA multiple choice. Usually, these questions aren't very difficult, so I thought that I must not be seeing something in the question. For reference, the correct answer is C

TK123

HSC
least error filled cssa paper

one of my friends sent me this a while back im p sure the answer was incorrect
Yeah ok lol, kinda thought so considering most of the short-answer solutions were so atrocious as well. Do u have any suggestions for other trial papers to do other than Grammar/Ruse/NSBHS?

carrotsss

HSC
Yeah ok lol, kinda thought so considering most of the short-answer solutions were so atrocious as well. Do u have any suggestions for other trial papers to do other than Grammar/Ruse/NSBHS?
those are like exactly the ones I’d recommend whoops, other than that the PEAK trials are pretty nice if you can get your hands on them, Sydney boys are pretty good and NEAP are fine asw as independent

Interdice

HSC
Pb + 2HCl -> PbCl2 + H2

[HCl] = 0.0978
n(HCl) = 0.003594
n(pb2+) = 0.001797
[Pb] = 0.0712

Am I correct? I suck at chem

Luukas.2

HSC
View attachment 40949

The question is from the 2021 CSSA multiple choice. Usually, these questions aren't very difficult, so I thought that I must not be seeing something in the question. For reference, the correct answer is C
None of the answers given are correct.

Anything based on the precipitation of PbCl2 being complete is wrong because the information given is that lead(II) chloride has just started to precipitate. Hence, it is a Ksp problem and not a titration calculation. You use the value of Ksp and the concentration of chloride ions present in the diluted mixture to determine the concentration of Pb2+ (which is one of the answers) but then need to calculate what it was in the original (undiluted) solution.

TankKuno

HSC
sbhs??

i can send to ppl if they want it, with marking criteria as well??

TankKuno

HSC
ALSO IM GATEKEEPING THEM HEHEHE, NOT FOR PUBLIC VIEW, U WANT THEM U MSG ME 😈
muahahhahaha

Last edited:

Interdice

HSC
None of the answers given are correct.

Anything based on the precipitation of PbCl2 being complete is wrong because the information given is that lead(II) chloride has just started to precipitate. Hence, it is a Ksp problem and not a titration calculation. You use the value of Ksp and the concentration of chloride ions present in the diluted mixture to determine the concentration of Pb2+ (which is one of the answers) but then need to calculate what it was in the original (undiluted) solution.
I'm retarded. But moreso is CSSA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)