Can they SPECIFY???? (1 Viewer)

SmileyCam

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Can they: Yes.
Will they: No.
Might they ask you to 'refer to two extracts', for example: Maybe.
yeah, what he said, although teachers like to fill your head with horror stories of them asking to do an essay solely on a single minor character or something stupid like that, they won't

volition

arr.
HSC
Well actually, I was told that they HAVE specified which particular thing to do in the past. I think it was in Module B somewhere... Tthat's from the the advice line, so it's a fairly 'credible' source.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
they can
they never have
they probably wont

if they speficy anything, it will be 2 related
or something like "2 episodes"

_Mave_

HSC
well they did it to us...

well in our trial we got specified for module B- had to do a whole essay on either regan or Edmund. we also got told that in module c they can say exaclty which episodes/scenes you have to write about, just that they hadn't yet.

TomT

HSC
actually in the 2002 hsc modules paper they specified particular poems

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
u guys reckon if they r going to specify they will make us choose it right?? Not them sayin refer to Act 2 scene 4 or something

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Poems huh? I don't do any poetry in the modules so I haven't looked.

In Shakespeare, in Module B they asked to "refer to two extracts" once, but they've never said any specific scenes.

In Frontline, I don't think they're going to specify episodes. Your set text is defined to be all of the episodes, and Frontline is NOT the only set text for the Telling the Truth module. Generally there is only ONE question for that entire module, followed by a list of set texts. So they're not gonna say something like "in your answer, refer to your set text, which has to be episode no. 2 if you're doing frontline" or whatever.

SmileyCam

HSC
TomT said:
actually in the 2002 hsc modules paper they specified particular poems
well that was for the poems, every other part of that section was generic and easy, so :p

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
holla back girl said:
unlikely...

i mean theres speeches, films and plays... it would be really hard...

plus...last years module b got a lot of criticism..because how can you define two extracts in a novel, film etc...
Exactly, for a given question, say there's a shakespeare, a film, and poetry.

If they ask for 2 scenes from the shakespeare, is that equivalent to 2 scenes from the film in terms of how much it restricts what you can talk about? And are either of those equivalent to 2 poems from an anthology? There's no way of making sure it's fair.

HSC
N/A
unlikely...

i mean theres speeches, films and plays... it would be really hard...

plus...last years module b got a lot of criticism..because how can you define two extracts in a novel, film etc...

volition

arr.
HSC
That's pretty bad though, how much are we expected to be able to remember??? It's a bit harsh isn't it? For this reason, I doubt they will specify which frontline ep to use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)