can u drop now (1 Viewer)

=slade=

HSC
i want to drop modern now, after trials.

i hate it n though im ranked 4th this is only assessment marks n i do very poorly in the actual exams, ie marks of 57 - 60

if i do drop it will leave me on 10 units. is this very bad, considering i am first in legal, 3rd in economics, band 4/5 in advanced english and band 4/5 in general maths and band 5 2U SOR??

i really hate modern n cannot stand it.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You are allowed to drop anytime up till the day of the exam. And whether you drop it is up to you and how much you think you can improve - do you think you can make this count instead of your general mathematics mark? If not, then it probably won't contribute to your UAI. I'd probably just stick with it, thats just how I work though so if you feel this subject is pressuring you unduly and is not something you can excell at then I would consider dropping.

radhika87

Pro
HSC
just stick it out.
u haven't got much long to go and who knows, u might even improve!

=slade=

HSC
but the thing is, i dont see myself rapidly improving too much. and if its clearly not counting towards my UAI now, y keep doing it unnessarily?

is 10 units ok if ur going well in all of them? i only need a UAI of 65, n skool predicted it to be 80 (Not incl. mod) and in SAM, its predicted to be 82.

radhika87

Pro
HSC
firstly, don't trust SAM and secondly, if you're doing well in all your other subjects then definitely drop modern-only if you're completely sure the knowledge won't be necssary for ur uni course.

=slade=

HSC
no im doing tourism at gold coast - no need for modern!! yay lol

the school program is a lot more accurate. i think i will talk to careers advisor after trials finish on friday.

hopefully that will clear it up. otherwise i give up on modern, focus on others subjects n then mod wont count anyway

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
I know, so many people on here have complained about the SAM feature, but i am yet to see one "oh i like SAM, it predicted it so accurately for me" or anything like that. I wonder why they have that feature..
It has to be made clear that SAM is not a UAI predictor and it was not designed with that purpose. Rather it's a UAI estimator that allows students who have completed their HSC to estimate the UAI they would have got had they received the same HSC marks in previous years.

That said, SAM is fairly accurate. Although, generally the lower the UAI that it spits out the more inaccurate it is. The higher the UAI, the more accurate. There are people who've had SAM estimate their exact UAIs, though they tended to get UAIs in the very high 99s - 99.90+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)