Can we draw/sketch freehand? -2U &3U (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm just concerned about the questions like.. 'copy the diagram on your workbook' and stuff like that..
are we allowed to draw everything freehand? or do we need a compass and ruler to draw circles/triangles/lines or whatever? (i'm really bad at using compasses -__-)

Also, when you have to sketch the curve, can you draw your number plane freehand? or does it have to be done with a ruler? - and does it have to be labelled x axis, y axis

Thanks

habitres

HSC
when copying diagram depending on it I either just trace it neatly or use a compass and ruler (doesn't take that long). Its neater and easier to use to see what you want to do, esp for complicated circle geometry questions.

Sketching a curve yes definitely use a ruler for the number plane and do the arrow/ x & y it take 5 more seconds and will make sure you won't loose marks

Rawf

HSC
when copying diagram depending on it I either just trace it neatly or use a compass and ruler (doesn't take that long). Its neater and easier to use to see what you want to do, esp for complicated circle geometry questions.

Sketching a curve yes definitely use a ruler for the number plane and do the arrow/ x & y it take 5 more seconds and will make sure you won't loose marks
If it was just neatly sketch, or copy the diagram.. would you use any marks for drawing it free hand?
Furthermore, with the number plane, if you had to label where it intersects the y and x axis, can we just write the number it intersects it or do we have to have an actual scale (ie it intersects x axis at 4, can we just label the 4 or do we need to write1,2,3,4,5?)

ahdil33

HSC
lol only thing I have in the exam is a pen and calculator. Do it free hand, don't waste time.

Rawf

HSC
lol only thing I have in the exam is a pen and calculator. Do it free hand, don't waste time.
Yeah, in all my exams (internal) i've used free hand - that is curve sketching, graphs, tables, circles/diagrams etc
I'm a little thrown off though if they actually do take marks away for not doing so.

RishBonjour

HSC
Yeah, in all my exams (internal) i've used free hand - that is curve sketching, graphs, tables, circles/diagrams etc
I'm a little thrown off though if they actually do take marks away for not doing so.
For curve sketching, I use a ruler because some markers actually look for scaled diagram, if your x-axis is not evenly spaced, MAY lose marks.
but for all "copy down.." I free hand- its not worth a mark so yeah

crazy_paki123

HSC
when it says copy or trace use a ruler and do it neatly, but when it says SKETCH, then you can do free-hand.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Personally, I draw EVERYTHING free-hand. However, my lines do tend to be very straight free-hand and my circles actually do look like circles (some people's circles look like ellipses).

Rawf

HSC
Personally, I draw EVERYTHING free-hand. However, my lines do tend to be very straight free-hand and my circles actually do look like circles (some people's circles look like ellipses).
Yeah haha that's what ive done for all my internals and they didnt care. My drawings aren't that dodgy.
I looked on the bos requirements and apparently we need set squares.. are those the triangles? And wth do they do or are meant to be used for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)