Can we get older editions for ACCT1501 & ECON1101 textbooks? (1 Viewer)

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Hey guys,
I vaguely heard something about how people are avoiding purchasing second-hand editions for these textbooks ( as opposed to others.) Has anyone heard bout this ?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
The older editions can/may have swapped some of the chapters around and added a paragraph here and there, but generally the differences are minimal. If you're willing to spend an extra few minutes finding the right passages in the required readings buying older editions will save you hundreds of dollars in the long term.

I other the other hand cant be fucked so I insist on buying the current edition.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
I emailed the accounting lecturer in charge this semester, and she said no. You will need the new edition.

As for micro, it's a completely different textbook to the one they used last year.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
I vaguely heard something about how people are avoiding purchasing second-hand editions for these textbooks ( as opposed to others.) Has anyone heard bout this ?
Usually you should get the new editions, as sometimes spending time looking for the changes between each edition can be very very tedious (not to mention tiring). The cost won't be too different, and also buy books in value packs (if they are available) ;)

VuongstER_boi

HSC
lol. Just trying to save :eek:.

I actually managed to find the latest edition for FINS1612 on an xchange books site but the "online practise password " thing is invalid cos it's been so long. Anyone know if this is necessary? ( cos it's the only thing stopping me to buy! lol)

kzsv

HSC
anyone know whats the deal with qma? :S thx

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL back when i did qma it was just the frigen textbook and thats all. now i see all these course packages. in accounting we had course notes which were alright

08er

HSC
our accounting notes are fucking shit. they offer no help at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)