Can you call this physics assessment? (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Right.. my current physics assessment is about Max Planck but the question doesn't seem too related to physics.
Max Planck attempted to separate science from social and political forces, and as a result missed many opportunities to speak out against the social commentary of the day and the political maneouvres in Germany at the time. Discuss the effectiveness of his actions in preserving German science as a centre of excellence in theoretical physics. (Maximum 1500 words)
I perceived this as a general science and history question.
In addition to this, our assessment sheet was attached with around 8 pages of selected extracts from the book "The Dilemmas of an Upright Man" by J.L.Heilbron
I have not much trouble actually "discussing" it but a question still stays in my head
"What does this got to do with physics so much that it's an assessment task?"
I know Max Planck is a well renowned german physicist but the relation with physics ends there.
Anyways my discussion to that is mostly plain bs written in under 2 days :D

richz

its on the right hand side of the syllabus, its about einstien and planck.... ;)

helper

HSC
N/A
It is part of the sociology crap that is in the new syllabus.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
WoW I thought our model making assessment sounds crap enough...

richz

lol, u just answered ur own question.. new physics syllabus = bs :)

Budz

HSC
but its what we need to know i guess... and plus theres no point altering the future if we dont know the past...
and we cant learn something we think we already know

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
Sometimes people classify certain dot points above the rest. Your teacher is probably trying to make everyone in the class realise the importance of knowing every single dot point equally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)