can you do a double major with the new UNSW commerce Co-OP program??? (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
The Co-Op Program basically run your degree and tailor it to what they want you to do for them during your summers. They choose your electives or veto ones you can't do and they won't accept anyone who does a double degree.

The cutoff varies compared to demand. For example if there are 6 applicants but only 4 places, those with higher ATAR's will get more attention, but so will those with superior extra curricular activities which show that they have well rounded character instead of being a mindless grade machine. As far as I'm aware, there's no specific published cut off, but it is possible that during their selections that the scholarship providers won't look at applicants who are below a certain ATAR.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe the ATAR cutoff is 96+ for Co-op in general. But the cutoff for a commerce degree is higher so you'll need to get above that.
They usually don't allow double degrees.
As for a double major in commerce, I'm not sure - perhaps check out their website or contact them.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
yes you can do a double major unless you are a finance co-op then you have to single major
most coops get 99+
stop making shit threads

Aussie-Alex

HSC
yes you can do a double major unless you are a finance co-op then you have to single major
most coops get 99+
stop making shit threads
I don't thin that's true. The published ATAR cut off is over 96. You need that to make the application process. Once you've made it in, they decide based on personality, achievements and co-circular activities. You're ATAR may come into consideration, but i doubt it!

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
The process last year was like this - you make an application (before ATARs or HSC results come out) and a number of applicants are selected to come in for an interview. After the interview, a few applicants are selected for a conditional offer (conditional on 96+ ATAR) and some are put on a shortlist (in case the other applicants either reject the scholarship or do not get 96+ ATAR). So your ATAR, as long as it is over the cutoff, doesn't really matter.

auriga

HSC
For Finance Co-op the scholars generally gained an ATAR above 98.
I believe Accounting was lower.
The hardest Co-op is probably the marketing one because of the lack of spaces.

If you want an Actuarial Co-op there will always be opportunities because people always drop out because of its difficulty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)