• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can you drop subject anytime? (1 Viewer)

ckcalvin

HSC
I got 12 units at the moment i want to drop one subject, is that still ok?
so i just go to deputy and ask to drop it or is there a specific day u can do that?

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I'm under the impression that it is. You can't have any outstanding N-Awards, though.

If not for 2 Unit subjects, this is the case for Extensions. There have been cases where people drop Extension subjects the day before their final HSC exam.

mioumiou

HSC
so i just go to deputy and ask to drop it or is there a specific day u can do that?
Well, according to my teacher, she said that you can drop any subjects at any time even one day before your HSC (but I think no one would do that though....), since you only have to do 10 units.....

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Well, according to my teacher, she said that you can drop any subjects at any time even one day before your HSC (but I think no one would do that though....), since you only have to do 10 units.....
a person in the grade above me apparently dropped mod on the day of the hsc exam (or it might have been the day before), so i believe it's absolutely fine to drop now. and anytime should be fine, as far as i know there are no 'specific' days. just get everything signed and return all your stuff and hand in the form :)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Yep. As long as you have a minimum of 10 units. I heard you could drop any subject anytime up to 24 hours before your exam.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Yep. As long as you have a minimum of 10 units. I heard you could drop any subject anytime up to 24 hours before your exam.
No time limit, just failing to turn up for the exam is considered dropping the course. The Result Notice will say "ABSENT" but the actual HSC will have the dropped course missing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)