Can you finish an exam in the time allocated? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Well, whatever way you do it, the aim should be to prove Chris Thompson right and Rodney Miller wrong, i.e., to prove that you can do it in the time allocated despite opinions to the contrary.

HSC
N/A
Correct! They can!

But alas there are people employed by the Board of Studies to mark these exams (and not just Rodney Miller) who have publicly expressed opinions to the contrary.

It is therefore incumbent upon current students of this course to prove them wrong and to do so publicly.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Correct! They can!

But alas there are people employed by the Board of Studies to mark these exams (and not just Rodney Miller) who have publicly expressed opinions to the contrary.

It is therefore incumbent upon current students of this course to prove them wrong and to do so publicly.
Board of Studies should fire them and hire state ranking students instead lol.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Well, whatever way you do it, the aim should be to prove Chris Thompson right and Rodney Miller wrong, i.e., to prove that you can do it in the time allocated despite opinions to the contrary.
??? I'm confused...

So are you saying that if I use your method of study/prepartion for exams (ie. completing a paper again until I can do it under the set time) for various past papers, then I am likely to do better in exams (and finish whilst attempting all questions), contary to one person who doesn't do the exam until they can finish the past paper in the set time?

HSC
N/A
This is only one way of learning. But whatever way one learns, those who learn more will have a better chance of getting 100% within the time allocated.

If two get 99%, and one is satisfied with that and stops, yet the other works harder at getting the last 1% out and therefore eventually gets 100%, then latter will have learned more than the former.

Last edited:

MC Squidge

BOS' Apex Predator
HSC
yea but it wont properly prepare u for question 8 which u wont be allowed to do again and again

shaon0

HSC
Same here. But my teacher said my extension 2 half yearly was the basics - complex (without roots of unity and trig. applications), graphs and integration (without reduction formula, definite integrals or parts even though the latter two are fairly straight forward).

So I agree for sure, it's going to get more difficult time-wise.
I had everything from those 4 topics+harder circle geo in my half-yearlies but we didn't revise in class.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
for my 4u test we did (complex, conics, polynomials and our harder 3u was circle geo). I had like twenty minutes for the very last part of the last question which was out of 5 though I had to complete another question early on out of 4 marks. Ultimately I half finished both of those questions and had to rush steps so the teachers might think i fudged it when i didn't. That being said, the test was quite finishable because I really sped through the early questions. I applied the same method for 3u and was rewarded with 45 mins to spare.

Does anyone get time to check their WHOLE 4u test?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)