Can you get employment after studying law at Macquarie? (1 Viewer)

gizdonk2

HSC
I have the option of doing just commerce at Sydney Uni or doing law/commerce at Macquarie. Whilst I somewhat prefer the content of a law course due to its more interesting nature, am I better off just doing commerce and benefiting from the high prestige of Sydney Uni? Due to the highly saturated nature of both degrees, I am extremely worried about finding employment and believe that going to Macquarie may start off my career disadvantaged, compared to being advantaged going to Sydney.

I will probably get marks in the middle of the Macquarie cohort, so transferring won't really be possible, and I doubt employers would be dazzled by those marks. Am I better off taking the safe and advantaged route of Sydney commerce, or sticking with the somewhat more engaging Macquarie law?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I don't think just studying a law degree would get you employed, you gotta be a top all rounder student (by this I mean marks that satisfy the employers and extra curricular activities that show you are capable of doing other things as well). Law isn't something easy you can get into so have a think about it.

Elixir

HSC
I don't think just studying a law degree would get you employed, you gotta be a top all rounder student (by this I mean marks that satisfy the employers and extra curricular activities that show you are capable of doing other things as well). Law isn't something easy you can get into so have a think about it.
Almost anything is difficult to get into these days. If you're passionate about law and want to do law then do it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)